Christianity--Prayers/hey i have a question about a situation

QUESTION: is suicide an automatic ticket to hell?

ANSWER: Dear Jim,

Thank you for writing regarding suicide. You've asked one of the toughest questions because there truly is no scripture to prove you can make it to heaven after suicide. I realize there are some institutions who teach that it is an automatic ticket to hell, however the only scriptures I can find for automatic tickets are those relating to rejection of Christ.

Jesus himself was tempted by Satan with this matter. In Matthew 4:5-7

5-6 For the second test the Devil took him to the Holy City. He sat him on top of the Temple and said, “Since you are God’s Son, jump.” The Devil goaded him by quoting Psalm 91: “He has placed you in the care of angels. They will catch you so that you won’t so much as stub your toe on a stone.”

7 Jesus countered with another citation from Deuteronomy: “Don’t you dare test the Lord your God.”

Most of us have known someone or heard of someone who has committed this act. It is an extreme grief we sympathize with, however it'd be a mistake for anyone to tell others they can make it to heaven and still commit suicide. We know God as merciful, but again there is no scripture that emphatically proves you can.

If we live with a healthy fear of God, by that I mean reverence, not afraid, then we understand He is both merciful, understanding, all knowing, compassionate, but also just at the same time, reveres and santifies life and is all providing.

I hope I've helped. Please feel free to write again. You stated this was about a situation. I pray it is not yours. There is always help. There is always hope. There is always God for every situation. I pray comfort to you in all things. Leisha

QUESTION: so the family members should remember that their loved one is rotting and burning in hell for eternity? how is there comfort in that? ya asking God for comfort. but that doesn't comfort knowing they are in hell and u will never get to see them. I think its sick because these people have illnesses and god made them and if god is all knowing and knows where they will go before he creates them... why would he creat someone he knows that will go to hell?

Dear Jim,

I really appreciate you writing back. No, absolutely not. I truly believe in our merciful God who knows all truth. I personally experienced a lifelong depression illness with my mom over a period of 20 years. I truly believe if we would have lost her during that time to suicide, she still would have went to heaven. She has an illness that her body does not produce several minerals on its own. She is now on medications that provide those minerals and she is fine. God, knowing all truth would also know of her physical limits.

To your other question regarding his knowledge, yes God made us, but He also gave each of us a free will to choose. He does not know or predict how we will choose. Everything in our lives is not predestined. We get to choose.

We truly have no way of knowing for certain whether someone is in heaven or hell as God is the judge. We can be certain if we have lived according to his will and accepted Christ. You asked if suicide is an automatic ticket to hell? No, it is not. If all of life were automatic tickets, what would our need for God be? I hope this helps and clears things up. If not, please write again. Sincerely, Leisha

Leisha Hiester

Christianity in general, bible, faith, life situations, family, prayer. Questions regarding pain & suffering, comfort, church and the body of Christ. Experience in hardship cases; rape and abuse, divorce, PAS (Parental Alienation Syndrome) and the courts.

Former pastor's wife, teacher & speaker. Experience in the area
I wrote a book about my life experiences, "Little Girl Lost" published by Doubleday. I am thriving after many life traumas. I have spoken to thousands in churches, public arenas, teen events and colleges. I have spent years in the court systems prosecuting my perpetrators and helping other victims.

Christian American, "Little Girl Lost" by Doubleday, Focus on the Family, Campus Crusade, many more.

Former Christian minister, 22 years marketing experience in Christendom.

Nominated for the Gold Medallin ECPA award.

Promise Keepers, Focus on the Family, Campus Crusade for Christ, Joni & Friends, 700 Club, many more.