Hey Ms. Leisha, how do I build INTEGRITY? I fail to keep my word sometimes. Thanks for your time and opinion.

Dear cg,

First allow me to apologize for taking so long to answer you. My mom has just stepped over into heaven. I've spent the past few months caring for her in hospice.

We all have weaknesses. The exciting thing is you recognize yours. The most exciting thing is that God provided for all our weaknesses! He gave us Jesus to bear our sins on the cross so we could be forgiven. He also left us a love letter with instructions on every weakness known to man.
At first glance, I found 22 scriptures on integrity! I have found that if I memorize and take into my heart those scriptures that apply to me and my weaknesses, they stabilize me. They help me grow, help me understand why it is so important. When I am tempted, I pull out those scriptures and read them to myself. David encouraged himself often in the bible. Here are a few for starters;

Proverbs 10:9 [Full Chapter]

Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, but whoever takes crooked paths will be found out.

1 Chronicles 29:17

I know, my God, that you test the heart and are pleased with integrity. All these things I have given willingly and with honest intent. And now I have seen with joy how willingly your people who are here have given to you.

Psalm 41:12

Because of my integrity you uphold me and set me in your presence forever.

Sometimes, I know it can all be overwhelming. If you start simply; take one scripture or one word, for example integrity=security, fill your mind with truth and soon you'll desire more truth!
I hope this helps. Blessings to you, Leisha  

Leisha Hiester

Christianity in general, bible, faith, life situations, family, prayer. Questions regarding pain & suffering, comfort, church and the body of Christ. Experience in hardship cases; rape and abuse, divorce, PAS (Parental Alienation Syndrome) and the courts.

Former pastor's wife, teacher & speaker. Experience in the area
I wrote a book about my life experiences, "Little Girl Lost" published by Doubleday. I am thriving after many life traumas. I have spoken to thousands in churches, public arenas, teen events and colleges. I have spent years in the court systems prosecuting my perpetrators and helping other victims.

Christian American, "Little Girl Lost" by Doubleday, Focus on the Family, Campus Crusade, many more.

Former Christian minister, 22 years marketing experience in Christendom.

Nominated for the Gold Medallin ECPA award.

Promise Keepers, Focus on the Family, Campus Crusade for Christ, Joni & Friends, 700 Club, many more.