Christianity--Prayers/No Husband/No Family

Question
I have been Baptist my entire life. Been going to church Sunday morning and night and Wednesday Bible study. In my entire life I had only 1 boyfriend for 4 months and never had any other relationship, date, or other boyfriend.

I am 37, lonely and single and have started sleeping with a neighbor. I don't believe God has plans for me or a husband...so I have started sleeping around, sex chats, and porn.

I don't know what to do and I feel sad and depressed. I did everything I was ever asked in church. Prayed. Read my Bible. Yet I am alone and have turned to fornication.

I wanted to be married and have kids ever since I was 15...and I didn't sign up to be a celibate nun my whole life. If you can offer some advice I'd appreciate it...but I don't need shaming.
Why didn't God provide me with a husband and all I have to turn to is fornication and raising illegitimate kids. I want children before it is too late.

Answer
Dear Priscilla,
Thank you for writing. I have been thinking about you for a couple of days and praying for you and my answer.
You said you have been a Baptist your entire life, but are you a Christian? You said that you have been going to all the church services, but are you a Christian? I don't mean to offend you in any manner, honestly. I just believe God is more interested in your relationship with Him than anything.
If your relationship with God were good and intimate, you'd know He means only good for you. Why would you think He doesn't have plans for a husband for you? 37 is young! I have a sister-in-law who was single until she was 50! She married and they are still so very happy.

God's timing is not our timing. His timing is perfect. When we take things in our own hands and turn to sin we become sad. You're right, you don't need shaming, you need to experience God intimately. He can be your best friend, your confidant, your provider, your husband. He did provide you with thee best husband there is, himself. Don't reject His perfect love and care. ALL you have to turn to is Him!

It is never too late for anything with God. My desire was to always have a big family, but I could physically only have 1 child. It was hurtful for many years, but I kept trusting God. If He is Lord over our lives, He is in control. My husband left one day. I never expected it. I met a man & remarried, he has 4 children & we adopted another. I now have 6!! My life is so full and rich and wonderful. I never dreamed, but God had a plan. It wasn't in my timing or my way, but He did it! His desire is to Love you, care for you, give you the desires of your heart, but you must let him.

I pray for you sister, that as you begin to get to know God intimately, He will keep you. He will give you a new joy like you've never known. He will make His word come alive to you to fulfill you. Here are a few scriptures I pray you'll take to heart;

Jeremiah 29:11 [Full Chapter]
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Psalm 103:17
But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord’s love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children’s children—

Psalm 113:9
He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. Praise the Lord.

Acts 14:17
Yet he has not left himself without testimony: He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; he provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy.”

I pray you find Joy in the one who created joy.
Leisha

Christianity--Prayers

Leisha Hiester