Christianity --Youth Issues/My Son Says He's Agnostic

Bre wrote at 2008-09-03 04:06:59
He sees it all logically and that is good. What is so bad about loving yourself? If you always play by someone else' rules, you will never be happy. Self love promotes confidence, and confidence  promotes self esteem and the desire to do things right for yourself and others. It also promotes a go-get-em attitude instead of waiting around for someone (God) to do it for you which promotes Sloth. He understands this.

Deb wrote at 2011-12-05 20:39:03
Thank you for your very imformative answer.( I see the date was in '08 and here I am in '11) I am in the same boat with my 15 yr old son professing he hopes there is a God ( after being brought up in a Christian home) but he is not even sure. I just continue to love him where he is. I tried a couple of times just to talk about it but he gets angry so your word of just loving them is very wise. I don't want to anger him any more just love him and pray God reveals himself to him

Athina40 wrote at 2013-05-05 05:44:14
My 15 year old son also just claimed to me he is agnostic. At first I was angry with him and extremely hurt. Then I had feelings of guilt that I didn't take him to church as much. I'm sure it doesn't help that my husband doesn't go to church with us most of the time. I asked my son to read the Bible, but I'm not sure he'll find the answers there or get more confused. I'm also afraid if I push too much I may steer him toward atheism. Now I'm just praying that God helps me in dealing with my son the best way possible which I guess is with love.

Christianity --Youth Issues

William Conde

I wish to help young people like myself better understand and navigate their own lives, regardless of what the issue may be. I have extensive experience with college life and various aspects of teen drama, and have served as a valuable advisor to many around me. While my abilities are not centered around he said/she said situations, I will endeavour to work with each inquirer to better his or her knowledge of him- or herself, and to help solve any problems from an empathizing, understanding, non-judgmental viewpoint. I recognize that life as a Christian teenager is not the easiest thing in the world, but I want to help believers make sense of the world in which we live--as a supporter, and not merely a judge. I particularly wish to inspire individual thought and free thinking amidst those who come to me, as these skills and behaviors can potentially alter one's entire perception of the world--often for the better. I sincerely love and respect those who come to me to work together to find answers: their bravery in asking questions will be responded to with care and compassion.

I have been a college student for several years and have worked with many friends and companions regarding life issues, ethical decisions, Biblical learning, and other miscellaneous helps. I have also been a Vacation Bible School counselor, along with a Sunday School teacher and a secular camp counselor, and thus have extensive experience working with youth towards proactive goals. I have an active, creative mind and always wish to inspire others towards clearer thinking and self-examination.

Boy Scouting of America, Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society.

Licensed Pharmacy Technician; B.S. degree in Chemistry (Biochemistry Emphasis).

Order of the Arrow (Honors Society of Scouting); Eagle Scout.