Christianity --Youth Issues/I am fat and depressed

sophia wrote at 2008-10-02 15:48:52
If you want to loose weight and havent, and yet have been doing exercise and eating healthily for a long time then there must be something going wrong. i too have trouble loosing weight but i have come to know a lot about nutrition, try and look at books like 'food doctor' and 'the zone' which are really healthy and scientifc ways to get slim. also the best exercise to do if you want to loose weight is swimming, cycling, arobics ect and make sure you take lots of oxygen in when exercising because oxygen helps burn fat, if you get too out of breath too quickly that it will not do much. and try to exercise for more than half an hour a session. i hope these tips will help, and i bet your worse on yourself than you actually are and remember celebrities have personal trainers and Nutritionists.

dana dee wrote at 2010-02-11 03:57:32
i know at times you may feel hopeless and like your drounding in an ocean struggeling to breathe..but nobody is perfect take one step at a time..god is there and he will help you i am a cristian to and have done some unforgivable things but you gotta keep your head up high...time heals everything your only human dont be so hard on youself..keep working on your diet  praying and being a good person before you know it you will be at your prime

stay strong good luck..never give up  

Cherries~ wrote at 2010-04-09 05:38:48
i feel the same. I USED to be a christian. but yeah i felt that god was cursing me with this awefull body so im atheist now C: <3

Sam wrote at 2011-03-20 18:45:29
Hey there my dear....

Your testimony saddens me as it is clear that you have gone through/are going through a lot at the momment, mentally emotionally,spritually and who knows what else..

Wow you know there is just soooo much i want to say to you that i might explode but I’ll try to be short as I know how tedious it can be to linger over masses of text.

I believe that identity comes into play here.

I believe that God who you say is "against you" or who maybe appears to be inactive to your pleas and prayers (I don’t know that but am guessing) is in fact trying to remind you of who you REALLY are (just like the moment in Lion king where mufasa appears to His son in the sky). I appreciate that you, who is from a strong Christian family may be already aware of this information ( to follow) but I pray that you may give it one more read.

Know that Your REAL identity is IN CHRIST and its BEAUTIFUL (far greater than what the world idolises and sells and much more beautiful than the “thin”porn stars) and it is constant and it is unchanging and it is victorious over all just like the profound message of the cross it has conquored everything... When God looks at you he doesn’t see you like YOU DO he sees HIS CHILD who he views with unconditional love and grace and mercy 24/7....

In your testimony you listed yourself as UGLY, FAT and NOTBEAUTIFUL as well as other nasty things which believe me others  worldwide would claim for themselves also.. where as scripture says that those in Christ are:

complete in Christ ( Colossians 2:10)

a temple of God ( 1 corinthians 3:16)

seated with Christ in the heavenly realms ( Ephesians 2:6)

cannot be separated from the love of God ( romans 8:35-39)

and soo much more…

This is your identity this is you and it is always yours whether fat thin ugly broken ruined hairy geek professor etc…

Claim it it is yours forever….

As for the weight don’t get fixated on it if you can I know its hard and almost impossible to do but just even if for a little while focus on God and your identity and who knows what then might happen..

.. God bless you and all ya family may his peace and love guard your hearts and minds now and forevermore and may you always be aware of the victory which you carry with you at every minute.. X  

Jean wrote at 2011-04-07 02:01:40

If you are following a diet like the doctor prescribed and exercising 4-5 days a week and NOT losing any weight, there are probably other reasons.  Such as thyroid problems.  You need to consider seeing an endocrinologist.  If that isn't the case I have a hard time believing your situation.

N wrote at 2013-02-07 05:56:56
I know how you feel cause I've felt the same way for a long time. I think the answer is that even if the world is blind enough to think beauty only comes in one size, God isn't. He made everyone exactly how He wanted to and we are all beautiful to Him. I too have been praying for years to God so I can lose weight, but lately I've been able to start asking Him to help me love myself like He does no matter what. I'm not going to say it's easy, and it's taken a long time, but I feel like I can finally begin to see the light.  

Christianity --Youth Issues

Susan Milillo

Whatever is on your mind, I would love to share what God's shown me through life and through His Word. I really care, and really will take your thoughts seriously.

I have been in 'youth groups' and helped out with them, and have worked with youth in other areas as well (in a school setting). Many kids and youth have felt comfortable opening up to me. I am very real and open.

MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers)

I have a bachelors of science in Bible from Philadelphia Biblical University, with a minor in Counseling/Church Ministries. I grew up in a Pastor's home.

Musical awards, salutatorian in senior class (of 11)