Christianity --Youth Issues/Tattoos

Relentless wrote at 2012-11-19 18:55:51
Hi, I am also a teenager and i once considered getting a tattoo but i came

Across a verse in the bible- Leviticus 19:28 which says do not put

tattoos on your bodies. Anything written in the Bible that says we musnt

do this or that is absolute. You cannot make exceptions even if they are Christian

tattoos because although it is good that people are showing their commitment

to God, they are still something we shouldnt have done.

With Henna tattoos, they are temporary and can wash off but they have pagan

origins in which gods and goddesses were worshipped so as Christians we should

Not take part in them. I hope this helps- sometimes with things like

this it is useful to research them and understand why they came about and the history behind them.

I would encourage you to speak to a mature christian and research more into tattoos

before you make your decision.  

Christianity --Youth Issues

Carl F.

I can answer questions from teens & young adults concerning their faith walk and on social issues which affect their lives. I can answer questions on sex, homosexuality, or drugs, and anything else that might be troubling you. After 30 years in youth ministry, nothing shocks me, and I promise to give straight answers to any and all questions. I can also answer questions from youth workers on problems they`re having with programming or with their groups.

I have been involved in youth and young adult ministries as a volunteer for over 35 years. I am currently a volunteer youth minister in a suburban UM church - I have a small group of 7th and 8th graders.

United Methodist Church, Chrysalis, Walk to Emmaus, Cursillo

Several training seminars, 9 years at National Youth Workers Convention, 1 year at Princeton Forum on Youth Ministry

Certified lay speaker for UM Church