Christianity --Youth Issues/hi

Question
QUESTION: Im still dating but im trying to have a better, closer relationship with God

ANSWER: Sonia, to have a closer relationship with God, you need to have a closer relationship with the Son. And the Son of God, is the Word of God.   So your relationship with the BIBLE, especially the new testament is how one gets to know the Son, and therefore the Father.

We are to read, and study, the Word. And thereby we can come to know the Author of it.

Of all religions, Christianity is the only relationship where one can have intimate relationship, and fellowship with the author of His writings.  Mohammed is dead, Buddah is dead, and all other religious icons are dead and can't be questioned as to what hey meant by what they wrote.  But Jesus has arisen from the dead, never to die again, And because He lives Christians can have communion with Him by His Spirit, and ask about the meaning of His writings..

Amen

Mr B.

QUESTION: I understand that and i also understand that i must read and study thad word but i fe willel like everything.  I read will be stored in my short term memory.  So my studying is in vain

ANSWER: No Sonia!  It is not a question of retaining in memory..   The Word of God is alive. To babes it is as milk, and as one grows in the milk they can then get into stronger and stronger food...   The word *Partake* is significant in this...  As we * Partake * consume the Word, simply by reading it. It does a work in us. Just like an energy drink. You drink it, and it does a work IN YOU...  That is the wonderful thing about the Word of God, it truly is living as it is read by believing it....   Like Jesus said, Simply Believe!  And as one receives this, and believes it in their hearts, a miracle takes place.  The reality becomes the validiation to the belief..

It is that simple...  all other religions don't have this simplicity, One must work for it, and it escapes even the most fervent...  That is why it is called a *resting* in Him, who is the author and perfector of out faith...

Mr B.

QUESTION: Ok. But i feel nothing.

Answer
Mr B.
Mr B.  
And that is normal Sonia. Because we are to learn not to go by feelings. Feelings can change like the weather. One minute you can feel happy, and something happens and then you feel sad...  That is the flesh, and the Lord wants to teach us how to walk by belief/faith, in His word, and what He says about a matter rather than how we may feel about a matter..

He never lies. So when we begin to Know what He said in the bible about any matter of and in this life, we can trust that His word overcomes what we see, or feel, or even hear that is different...  

walking by faith in His Word, also keeps us from the lies the liar likes to try and distrub our peace, and belief, and faith in HIM who loves us..

When His word says, " Do not be anxious about anything!" We can believe, even if circumstances *look* like they should cause us to be anxious, we can choose to believe that He has control of the circumstances, and stay in peace about a matter, or....choose to believe what we see, and or feel about it, and be overcome by anxiety.

It is not blind faith/belief, because we are believing what Gods Word says, over the things we feel, or see, or even experience..  Like Peter when he stepped out of the boat, at Jesus' command when He said to Peter, * COME!"  Peter was walking on the water, but he was also walking on Jesus' word. And when he got his eyes off the word *Come*, and got it on the waters, he started to sink..   Great lesson.

That is why I say to you Sonia, as you read the word, and really get into it, it will get into you. And when you face a circumstance, the word you have read and gotten into, will be brought to your remembrance by the Spirit of Christ. And you can then believe it, over any circumstance that you face.

John 14: 23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my word: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
 24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my words: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Fatherís who sent me.
 25 These things have I spoken unto you, while yet abiding with you.
 26 But the [1] Comforter, even the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said unto you.*n9
 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be fearful.

So the hardest part in Christianity, is holding our belief in Gods Word, over the things we see, or feel. For the Devil will use the natural senses, if facing a circumstance, the get the believer to believe what he sees, or feels, or experiences, over what the Word says..

When that mans daughter who was sick, and was bringing Jesus to heal her, heard the report that she had died, Jesus told the man... " Don't believe it, she has only fallen asleep! "  Great lesson...  

That help?

Mr B.

Christianity --Youth Issues

L E Burns Apostle of Jesus