Christianity --Youth Issues/imagination an adultery?

I have this friend girl(not yet a gf) and i was so in love with her.
so she told me that 'lusting' for her LIPS is considered adultery. well because i told my her that i was 'imagining' her always before i sleep hugging and kissing her(lips only).(no more no less, no bad imagination involved)
can you please enlighten me, because i don't want it to be called 'adultery'. else, correct me.

Hey! Fmj, nice to hear from you on this query...

First off, let's see what Jesus had to say about this *adultery issue*!

Luke 16:18 Every one that putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and he that marrieth one that is put away from a husband committeth adultery.

Mark 10:  2 And there came unto him Pharisees, and asked him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife? trying him.
 3 And he answered and said unto them, What did Moses command you?
 4 And they said, Moses suffered to write a bill of divorcement, and to put her away.
 5 But Jesus said unto them, For your hardness of heart he wrote you this commandment.
 6 But from the beginning of the creation, Male and female made he them.
 7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife;
 8 and the two shall become one flesh: so that they are no more two, but one flesh.
 9 What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
 10 And in the house the disciples asked him again of this matter.
 11 And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her:
 12 and if she herself shall put away her husband, and marry another, she committeth adultery.

Matthew 5:  27 Ye have heard that it was said, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
 28 but I say unto you, that every one that looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
 29 And if thy right eye causeth thee to stumble, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not thy whole body be cast into hell.
 30 And if thy right hand causeth thee to stumble, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not thy whole body go into hell.
 31 It was said also, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:
 32 but I say unto you, that every one that putteth away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, maketh her an adulteress: and whosoever shall marry her [ who commited adultery ]  when she is put away committeth adultery. [ because one would be marrying an adulteress.]

It is quite clear FMJ, Jesus was referring to those who are married. IF either of them that are married, lusteth after another, in their hearts, commits adultery..

When a marriage partner commits adultery on their partner, Jesus gave this as the only reason for divorce,

Lust/Lusts/= [*StrongsGreek*]
1939 epithumia ep-ee-thoo-mee'-ah from 1937; a longing (especially for what is *forbidden*):--concupiscence, desire, lust (after). see GREEK for 1937

What is *forbidden* is desiring another woman, other than the wife, or vise versa.

Fmj, Watchout for the fleshly desires that can lead you astray. Jesus destroyed the power of the flesh, to be our master. Because Christians are new spiritual creations, we are to learn how to rule the flesh to becoming our servants, rather our masters. He is our New master, and we learn from Him, for the flesh profits nothing,.,

So now you can show your (friend ) and she can learn about what Jesus meant, by what Jesus said, as well!

Sincerely In Christ.
Mr B.

Christianity --Youth Issues

L E Burns Apostle of Jesus

From Gods mouth to your ears. If you want the truth, and not just someone to agree with you, you've come to the right place.. "The wounds of a friend are better than the kisses of an enemy!"

Having an ongoing, ever increasing, intimate relationship with the One who Knows it all....

Master of Theology. Bachelor of Arts. Friends with the Teacher.