Christianity --Youth Issues/Why the creation?!

Sometime back in 2005 I read something that would definately qualify as a liberal Christian interpretation regarding homosexuality because the source I read(I can't remember the source since it was something I didn't write down or print)said that God purposely created some people to be gay. If that's true, why do you think God would've deliberately created a minority of the human population to have same-gender sexual attractions?

I've been asked this question a lot, and to be honest, I have no answer.  I simply don't know.  It does seem to be unlike God, but looking at it from God's point of view, maybe not.  I believe everyone has a sin, or sins, that they commit all the time, and no matter how hard they try, they just can't stop.  Is it a gift from God? It could be - by trying to stop that sin, you tend to become closer to God, asking for assistance, asking for forgiveness.

But think about it.  Homosexuals (and heterosexuals, too), can choose to be celibate and have a luxurious God filled life.

Bottom line?  This is the same question I intend to ask God first when I die, because He's not talked to me yet about the answer.  Maybe someday.

Hope this helps.  Good to hear from you.

Christianity --Youth Issues

Carl F.

I can answer questions from teens & young adults concerning their faith walk and on social issues which affect their lives. I can answer questions on sex, homosexuality, or drugs, and anything else that might be troubling you. After 30 years in youth ministry, nothing shocks me, and I promise to give straight answers to any and all questions. I can also answer questions from youth workers on problems they`re having with programming or with their groups.

I have been involved in youth and young adult ministries as a volunteer for over 35 years. I am currently a volunteer youth minister in a suburban UM church - I have a small group of 7th and 8th graders.

United Methodist Church, Chrysalis, Walk to Emmaus, Cursillo

Several training seminars, 9 years at National Youth Workers Convention, 1 year at Princeton Forum on Youth Ministry

Certified lay speaker for UM Church