Christianity --Youth Issues/Joss sticks

QUESTION: Can we use joss sticks when participating in Buddhist's ceremony just to show respect without having the intention to worship false god?

ANSWER: (Quote) The word ‘Joss’ originates from the Portuguese word ‘Deus’, which means God.(end quote)

Hi Alicia; There is a story in the Christians bible that relates to your question, and holds true for every form of religion, even in some forms Christianity!  Hope this story serves as a *wake up* to all  who try to serve a god, or any god! I have highlighted the *key* to the problem of serving any god, or gods, that one doesn't even know!

John 4: 5 Therefore He/Jeuss came to a city of Samaria, which is called Sychar, near the piece of land which Jacob gave to his son Joseph.
 6 Now Jacob's well was there. Therefore Jesus, having become tired from the journey, was sitting thus by the well. It was about the sixth hour.
 7 A woman of Samaria came to draw water. Jesus said to her, "Give Me a drink."
 8 For His disciples had gone away into the city, that they might buy provisions.
 9 Then the woman of Samaria said to Him, "How is it that You, being a Jew, ask a drink from me, a Samaritan woman?" For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.
 10 Jesus answered and said to her, "If you had known the gift of God, and who it is that says to you, 'Give Me a drink,' you would have asked Him, and He would have given to you living water."
 11 The woman said to Him, "Sir, You have nothing to draw with, and the well is deep. Where then do You get that living water?
 12 Are You greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well, and drank of it himself, as well as his sons and his livestock?"
 13 Jesus answered and said to her, "Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again,
 14  but whoever drinks of the water which I shall give him will by no means ever thirst again. But the water which I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into eternal life."
 15 The woman said to Him,"Sir, give me this water, that I may not thirst, nor come here to draw."
 16 Jesus said to her, "Go, call your husband, and come here."
 17 The woman answered and said, "I have no husband." Jesus said to her, "You have said well, 'I have no husband,'
 18  "for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in this you have said truly."
19 The woman said to Him, "Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet.
 20 Our fathers worshipped on this mountain, and you Jews say that in Jerusalem is the place where it is necessary to worship."
 21 Jesus said to her, "Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father.
 22  <font color="red">You worship what you do not know;</font> we Jews worship what we know, because salvation is of the Jews.
 23  But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.
 24  *God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."  

25 The woman said to Him, "I know that Messiah is coming" (who is called Christ). "When He comes, He will proclaim to us all things."
 26 Jesus said to her, "I am He, the One speaking to you."

See Alicia, the things religious people follow are practices and traditions that a man, or men have written, with no authority other than what is given them by people who listen to them, but never question as to where these ideas, thoughts, traditions, practices come from, and any evidence of the outcome.

All the writings of Buddha, Confucius, Mohamed, Hinduism, and hundreds of others, no one can ask the one who wrote their books, or scrolls, or scripts, or even any oral beginnings, because they are all dead and buried.

Only one religions followers, still have access to the One whose writings can still be queried from the Author, because He is alive from the dead, and can be approached for answers to what He meant, by what He had written...

So, joss sticks or not, doesn't make any difference to the One who made you Alicia, the Creator of all who loves you, for your practises are only to a figment of mans imagination of the many gods they think they are serving and do not KNOW.

Mr Burns
Apostle of Jesus Christ.

QUESTION: Sorry Mr Burns, I'd like to go further on this topic. Did you mean that no matter what others think of us, we can use joss sticks?

ANSWER: Hi Alicia. Glad to know that at the very least, you are listening....... Asking questions is the most important step one can take in all things that require a decision. The more facts that can be nailed down, causes one to make right decisions..

Now your post was in regards to a Buddhist's ceremony, in the use of joss sticks ( incense ). Which would suggest that you weren't a Christian! For why would a Christian be interested in practicing Buddhist practices, which are aimed at another, and other gods? When the Word of God, says, " You shall  have no other God but the Lord? "  Maybe a little more explanation would put a little more clarity on this? Would you mind expanding on your position?

Mr Burns

QUESTION: Dear Mr Burns, it's my pleasure to have known you. I promise I'll be like you, showing God's love to the world. I have another question: I know it is wrong to use bad words when it stumbles someone, but often we use bad words to describe something, for example: "it's damn hot here", "dumb exam"...Can we use bad words in this way?

Hi Alicia. Such a lovely name.......   Well today, there is always another way to skin a cat, so to speak...   Instead of using *damn*, it is just as simple to use *darn*.  But the one that lets us know that are mouths need to be cleaned up, is Him, who is to live and abide in us...!  He is the One, we can ask to *guard* our lips....   For out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks...    So as long as the worlds swear words aren't in abundance, we can get more of His words in our vocabulary, so that they, are in abundance.. eh?

Alicia, you are more than welcome to ask, of those things that are on your heart. I with Him, have helped many, come to an understanding of the simplicity of becoming like Christ.

I have never seen a flower have to struggle to become a flower, that was predetermined  in the seed. Have you?

So it is with becoming one like Christ. His *seed* has been planted in us, and as the seed goes in the ground and dies, then that which is in it can come forth..  amen?

Mr B.

Christianity --Youth Issues

L E Burns Apostle of Jesus

From Gods mouth to your ears. If you want the truth, and not just someone to agree with you, you've come to the right place.. "The wounds of a friend are better than the kisses of an enemy!"

Having an ongoing, ever increasing, intimate relationship with the One who Knows it all....

Master of Theology. Bachelor of Arts. Friends with the Teacher.