Christianity --Youth Issues/Masturbation/Conscience

Well, to get straight to the point, after sinning (masturbation), I feel empty in feelings, I don't feel like I did wrong (no conviction of guilt) when I "knew" I did wrong (This is because of mixed opinions on the subject but now I've come to know and agree it is a sin)- Nevertheless I prayed to God for forgiveness for that sin and then after asking and ending my prayer I only then "began" to feel such remorse for what I did, I felt bad for doing the sin, I know that I am forgiven, but is that normal? only feeling bad "after" praying to God about what I did? I am repenting of this sin and DO desire to make great progress, but I need to know if something is wrong with me, mainly my conscience. Have I burned it out? Is there a way to get it back? Just so you know I have prayed for a new conscience, mind and heart and have again started to put my eyes on God after backsliding. I am dedicating myself to repenting sincerely  ... but this is really bugging me.

I hear people saying after they have sinned they feel bad for what they have done, the pray for forgiveness and repent, sometimes still feeling bad for what they have done but they knew it was the devil trying to trick them that they weren't forgiven... but with me its different, I've been worrying if there was something wrong with me for a while now and it is stressing me out, I want to be on Gods side, not my own side.  

God Bless

I'm not sure, but it sounds like you're having a hard time forgiving yourself, and no, there's nothing wrong with that.  It happens to a lot of people, including me.  God has indeed forgiven you, as soon as you asked Him.  Even though you may feel like you're forgiven, the fact that you're holding on to the guilt indicates otherwise.

Bottom line, there's nothing wrong with you.  You're just human.

Christianity --Youth Issues

Carl F.

I can answer questions from teens & young adults concerning their faith walk and on social issues which affect their lives. I can answer questions on sex, homosexuality, or drugs, and anything else that might be troubling you. After 30 years in youth ministry, nothing shocks me, and I promise to give straight answers to any and all questions. I can also answer questions from youth workers on problems they`re having with programming or with their groups.

I have been involved in youth and young adult ministries as a volunteer for over 35 years. I am currently a volunteer youth minister in a suburban UM church - I have a small group of 7th and 8th graders.

United Methodist Church, Chrysalis, Walk to Emmaus, Cursillo

Several training seminars, 9 years at National Youth Workers Convention, 1 year at Princeton Forum on Youth Ministry

Certified lay speaker for UM Church