Christianity --Youth Issues/Dream

Question
QUESTION: I know sinning in our dreams is not considered a sin because we can't take control of our dreams. But, sometimes we know we are dreaming in our dreams, and we even can control our actions, so are we supposed to have self control whenever we can?

ANSWER: Hi Rachel, long time no hear!

But you are right, we don't have control in some of our dreams.  Dreams that have a Christian, smoking, doing drugs, having sex, where one finds themselves in the act, with no chance of making the choice to do, or not to do so, is of the liar, the devil...  {No chance for CHOICE}

Dreams that have choice. Not having the cigarette in your lips and puffing away, but there on the table is the pack, now you have a choice as to whether to pick one up and put it your lips and light it up,or not,are dreams given by the Lord..  Sometimes given a chance to fight an enemy, or call out to Him who is your Lord is also, from Him..  Giving you a chance to examine yourself in the light of that circumstance. In other words a *headsup*, as to how your doing growing in His likeness...{ Our free CHOICE }

And some dreams are a message from Him. And Usually not readily discerned. BUT as one ponders the dream, seeking His understanding, then the dream makes sense, and is either for you, or for someone you know..

Because Satan can also listen in on dreams, or what the Lord is saying, I feel this is why the Lord sometimes puts things in a puzzle, that you must seek Him, and Him alone in what it means. Joseph in the old testament had a gifting, whereby even kings sought him out for the interpretation of their dreams..

Today, anyone with the abiding Holy Spirit and some maturity in the things of the Lord, has the ability to interpret dreams! 1 Corinthians 12  1 Corinthians 14...

Does that shed some light on your query?

Sincerely In Him
Mr BUrns

QUESTION: Thanks for your answer. I'd like to share this link with you
http://www.gotquestions.org/lucid-dreaming.html

ANSWER: Hi Rachel...

Here is the part that is of the evil one....{quote}   

Question: "Lucid dreaming - what is it? Is having a lucid dream a sin?"

Answer: A lucid dream is a dream in which the sleeper is aware that she or he is dreaming. When the dreamer is lucid, he/she can actively participate in and often manipulate the imaginary experiences in the dream environment. The term “lucid dreaming” was coined by Frederik van Eeden (1860–1932), a Dutch psychiatrist. Since that time, several books and articles have been written on the subject. Research and analysis of the causes of lucid dreams is ongoing and often strays into the area of parapsychology. Some researchers have identified a similarity between lucid dreaming, near-death experiences, transcendental meditation, out-of-body experiences, and other occult and New Age practices. God’s Word forbids these practices (Leviticus 20:27; Deuteronomy 18:10-12).   [ end quote}

So you can rely on what I wrote to you Rachel... and ask, if your not sure on anything Rachel... "Let all things be confirmed by two or three witnesses.."  And one of those witnesses had better be the Holy Spirit!

Sincerely
Mr Burns

QUESTION: Hello. Here is another web page:
http://jimmyakin.com/2005/09/sinful_activity.html
It concluded that we actually have no control in lucid dreams. Does that mean that we can't decide whether to sin or not in dreams?

Answer
Well Rachel it all depends on who you look to for advice, or counsil.  And if you checked on who this fella is,  you would find this..

My name is Jimmy Akin, and I am your blog host.

I was born in Texas and grew up nominally Protestant. But at age 20 I experienced a profound conversion to Christ. I planned on becoming a Protestant pastor or seminary professor, and I started an intensive study of the Bible. The thing was, the more he immersed myself in Scripture, the more I found it to support the Catholic faith. Eventually, I had to become Catholic, which I did in 1992. My conversion story, “A Triumph and a Tragedy,” is published in the book Surprised By Truth.

These days, I am a Senior Apologist at Catholic Answers, a member on the Catholic Answers Speakers Bureau, a weekly guest on the global radio program “Catholic Answers Live,” a contributor to Catholic Answers Magazine, and the author of more publications than you can shake a stick at. My books include The Fathers Know Best, Mass Revision, and  The Salvation Controversy. I hope you’ll check them out!

Rachel, the Catholic Church and its theology, is the biggest CULT in the world. It has everything to do with mans theology, and religious traditions, but nothing to do with the Spirit of Christ. Catholics serve their church, not Christ. If you want to gain wisdom from the theology of a cult. Your in big trouble,.

You seem to be looking for an answer that agrees with what you want to believe, about this subject, rather than the one given from a spirit filled son of the living Christ..

We haven't commited any sin while asleep, or in any dream state or vision...  I've told you what and where dreams come from, and what they are for. And you still search the internet for......what?

You CAN"T make yourself dream, it happens, or not. LIke breathing, it is an involuntary action, just like blinking on the eyelid.. involuntary actions. You are not in control of your heart muscle, and neither you in a dream state. It is a message by which you can examine yourself and your moral compass.

Sincerely In Christ.

Mr Burns

Christianity --Youth Issues

L E Burns Apostle of Jesus