Christianity --Youth Issues/How do i let God take control of my life?

Question
QUESTION: How do i let God take control of my life? I've been trying to let go and have him take over, but i can't seem how to fully let go. I worry constantly, i have guilt, regrets, and ive been crying every day for 8 months straight over things that are happening or have happened in my life. I'm trying to let go and let God takeover, but it doesnt seem to be working. How do i let him take control of me?

ANSWER: Sarah-

If you've been crying every day for 8 months straight, I highly recommend that you go see a therapist that treats depression.  Depression can be debilitating, however, it is usually easily taken care of with medication or talk therapy.

Turning your life over 100% to God is not easily accomplished, sometimes taking decades.  You just have to keep trying.  God wants you to be happy, and that's why I recommend therapy.  There's not much I can say that will take your sorrow and guilt away.

I probably have not helped much, but I pray that you seek some outside help.

Blessings,
Carl

QUESTION: Is there a therapist/client confidentiality law? Whatever me and a therapist discuss will only remain between us and she cant tell my guardians without my consent right?

Answer
Sarah-

I'm not sure of a therapist/confidentiality law.  There is definitely a confidentiality law with a psychiatrist, because they are medical doctors.  As far as having to inform your guardians, it's possible that you cannot see a psychiatrist without your guardians permission if you are under 18. If you are 18 or over, you should be able to see either without worrying about them talking to your guardians, as you're an adult.  But if you're not, then you're probably going to have some issues.

By the way you phrased your questions, I'm going to assume that you're under 18.  If that's the case, then there are two reasons why you would want confidentiality, 1) you're concerned about how they would react, e.g., you're pregnant or doing drugs or some other illegal or illicit activity; or 2) they are the cause of the issue, e.g. abuse.

If you ARE under 18, you're probably still in school.  I would suggest that you go talk to a counselor at school, and tell them about your issue, saying, "I have a friend who...."  That way, they can cite plausible deniability, saying that they weren't sure if it was you or someone else, and not have to tell your parents.

If 1), you're concerned about your guardians response - give them the benefit of the doubt and hope that they would understand your issue, and do what's right for you.

If 2), the problem is them, then you should immediately go to the police or a counselor at school and tell them what's going on.

Because I don't know what your issues are, that's the best I can do.  Rest assured that your problems are between you and me - I have no idea who you are or where you live, plus, I wouldn't talk to your guardians anyway unless it is something life threatening (this could include pregnancy, drug use, or illegal activities.).

Please know that if you're under age, your counselors will do what is best for you, so I'd suggest you start there.

blessings,
carl  

Christianity --Youth Issues

Carl F.