Christianity --Youth Issues/salvation

Sandra wrote at 2013-02-16 20:39:08
I wanted to answer this question: QUESTION: "Thanks for your reply. There's just one thing that's still bothering me. If Christ died for all human beings yet, let's face it, most remain unsaved does that mean Christ's death was (God forbid) in vain? It seems to me either Calvin was right and Christ died only for an elect or Gregory of Nyassa was right and all will be saved."

My answer to this is its all about free will! Both Calvin and Gregory are wrong. God has said that everyone will get a chance to hear about Christ and God and it is up to every individual to choose for themselves which path they will take.

Take Adam and Eve for example: God told ten about the forbidden fruit tree. He told them not to eat the fruit. He gave them a choice. It was solely up to them to either listen to the serpent (snake representing the Devil) or listen to God. They chose what their own path. Same thing with us now. We all have been or will have a chance to know about God/Christ Jesus and its up to us to accept Christ or decline.

However it is important to know that ONLY through Christ Jesus will we be saved. “Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4:12)

“For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for all …” (1 Timothy 2:5)

“There is one body and one Spirit … one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.” (Ephesians 4:4)

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” (John 14:6)

“I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and find pasture … I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” (John 10:9)

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life, he who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die.” (John 11:25)

Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.” (John 8:12)

And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.” (John 6:35)

“I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world.” (John 6:51)

“… whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” (John 3:15-16)

“He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.” (John 3:36)

“Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.” (John 8:24)

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.” (John 5:24)

“… And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life; He who does not have the Son of God does not have life.” (1 John 5:11)

“And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world. Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.” (1 John 4:14)

Read more:

Firstly: "For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive." (1 Corinthians 15:22 NIV) All people IN CHRIST are saved. Not everyone. The ones who are not saved are the ones who have not received Christ, these people are the one who are the still living though Adam. But those who received Christ do not live through Adam, they are living though Christ. Read from 1 Corinthians 15: 12.

Secondly: "We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised." Hebrews 6:12 NIV) meaning If we imitate those who are faithful, we will inherit what was promised, i.e., eternal life in Christ.

Thirdly: "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell." (Matthew 10:28 NIV) this means that you should not be afraid of the devil who is only capable of destroying your body. All who are against God both their bodies and souls will be destroyed in hell for eternity. Basically being destroyed doesn't always mean vanishing. It also means being tortured for eternity which is what the body and soul will be in hell for eternity.  

God bless you,

Mike K. wrote at 2013-02-19 14:01:06
When Christ said "No one can come to the Father but by Me," it means that the only way that a sinful, fallen people (everyone in the world) can be made righteous In God's sight is through Christ. Remember, when Paul wrote in Romans; " All have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God," by our human nature, we cannot achieve or strive to achieve God's forgiveness and righteousness on or own or by other means. Only the finished work on the cross by the one who was sinless, Jesus Christ, who became and bore our sin on the cross, died, buried, and risen from the grave and now sits on God's right hand, makes us acceptable and righteous in God's sight when we make the choice to accept this gift, paid in full by Christ's blood, and accept him as Savior and Lord.  

Christianity --Youth Issues

Carl F.

I can answer questions from teens & young adults concerning their faith walk and on social issues which affect their lives. I can answer questions on sex, homosexuality, or drugs, and anything else that might be troubling you. After 30 years in youth ministry, nothing shocks me, and I promise to give straight answers to any and all questions. I can also answer questions from youth workers on problems they`re having with programming or with their groups.

I have been involved in youth and young adult ministries as a volunteer for over 35 years. I am currently a volunteer youth minister in a suburban UM church - I have a small group of 7th and 8th graders.

United Methodist Church, Chrysalis, Walk to Emmaus, Cursillo

Several training seminars, 9 years at National Youth Workers Convention, 1 year at Princeton Forum on Youth Ministry

Certified lay speaker for UM Church