Christianity --Youth Issues/religion

Question
religion is such a touchy subject.... and its hard because not everyone is christian...I'm scared that if i ever bring something up i will offend someone....is it bad to have friends of separate religions?

Answer
Tristan-

Thanks for writing. It's certainly not wrong to have friends of other religions.  Jesus calls us to spread His story, but He doesn't always tell us how to do it.  Religion certainly is a touchy topic for some, and unfortunately, some Christians give all of us a bad name because they are almost militant in spreading God's word.  I'm assuming you're probably in high school or college.  The best way to spread your faith is not to talk about it, but act it out.  Be true to your word, tell no lies, don't gossip, when you see injustice, speak up about it. Be kind, be joyful, be positive, be encouraging. Love Christ, and live like you mean it.  Do what Jesus would do in every situation.

St. Francis of Assisi said:

"Preach the gospel at all times; when necessary, use words"

In your converstaions, if you want to talk about your religion, start asking questions rather than preaching.  Ask your friends of other religions what they believe about the creation of the universe, do they believe in heaven, do they believe in God, what does it mean to be spiritual to you, where are you going when you die, etc.  Let them do most of the talking, and eventually, they will start asking YOU questions.  Do not say things like "this is the only way to get to heaven", but rather say, "I believe the way to get to heaven is by believing in Jesus and acting like him."  Many other religions know about Jesus.  I have a Jewish friend who knows a LOT about Jesus, but she doesn't believe He is the Messiah.  In the end, all you can do is say what you believe, and why you believe it.  Once you've done that, shut up, and go back to acting like Jesus.  Some people will continue to ask questions, some won't.  But all of them will not forget what you said, and someday may become Christians because of what you said, and you may never know it.  And if you DO find out about it, you will be blessed.

I hope this helps.  Let me know if you have any more questions.

Blessings,
Carl

Christianity --Youth Issues

Carl F.