Christianity --Youth Issues/the angel of light

Hi Pastor Don.. hope you are well.  I have another question.  Over the last (however long, quite a while) I have been confused about two major issues in my life.  Job and husband. (fyi, I pray every day and read my bible and I am very faithful and obedient to God and have been since I was saved 17 years ago, I have never run from God)  
Here are two examples of my confusion.
On the issue with a job I heard, "Don't get a job, wait", one time.
Another time, just as clear, I heard "get a job".
On the issue with a husband, God had made it VERY CLEAR to me that I was to marry Jim.
But Jim ended up going in another direction.  One day I heard, "Jim will be home in two weeks".  Well that never happened and that had to be the enemy talking sooooo clearly.

Pastor Don, I have never been confused in my life before.  Never in all these years have I had confusion as to what to do in life.  I always knew to follow God no matter what.  Even if it hurts follow God because He has a plan and will help me and my child.
So here are my questions:
1.  Why would God allow the enemy to confuse me so, when God knows how faithful I am to Him and how much I want to do what Jesus (the Holy Spirit) wants me to do?
2.  How can I protect myself from making a wrong choice with the enemy seemingly being so active these days?
3.  How do I tell the difference between God speaking and the enemy coming as an angel of light?

That scripture is sooooooooo true about Satan being an angel of light.  God is order, not disorder.  
I like my example of hearing "Dont get a job, wait"  "Get a job".  I like that example the best.
And the issue here is not if I am lazy or anything like that.  I am not lazy, I have really really worked hard hard hard on a lot that God wanted me to work on these last years... (healing from chronic childhood abuse and God has done a marvelous job with my spirit, I am soooo much more Christ-like now). I thought I was to wait to get a job because Jim would be coming back very soon and Jim would be my covering as a husband.  So anyway, if you could speak to the voice of God and the voice of the angel of light ...  and keep away from ... the bible says to go out and get a job and not be lazy ... because that is not the issue hear.  I am just trying to protect myself in the future.  What I have decided to do, since Jim says he is not coming back, is to start looking for a job and that is what I am doing currently.  
So, thank you ahead of time for helping me.  I am looking forward to hearing what God says.  
In Christ,

Hi Cathy,

Thank you for this very interesting question.  You are trying to figure out the source of the little voices in your head... are they from God or not?   Now that we have the Bible, God uses the Bible, Biblical counselors, and the promptings of the Holy Spirit TOGETHER.

1.  Do not trust your "heart"

Proverbs 3:56 (AV)
5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Jeremiah 17:9 (AV)
9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

2.  Get guidance from scriptures.

2 Timothy 3:16 (AV)
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

John 17:17 (AV)
17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

3.  Get guidance from Godly counsel from wise believers and your Pastor.

Hebrews 13:17 (AV)
17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

Proverbs 11:14 (AV)
14 Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Proverbs 15:22 (AV)
22 Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellors they are established.

Proverbs 24:6 (AV)
6 For by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war: and in multitude of counsellors there is safety.

So... dont just trust your impulses as they are voices from God... check yourself through scriptures and counsel... that is the best way to stay safe in your decisions.

I hope that this helps you.

In Christ
Pastor Don  

Christianity --Youth Issues

Pastor Don Carpenter

I believe that every word of the Bible is God- Breathed. This blessed book is the foundation of truth for faith and practice. If you ask this volunteer a question you will receive an answer from the Bible that is based upon a literal, normal interpretation, taking into account the grammar and culture of the time.

I have been in the ministry 20+ years. During that time I served as a youth pastor, christian counselor, assistant pastor, church planter, and a senior pastor.

Revival Baptist Chronicles
The Fundamental Baptist Voice

BS in Bible, from Baptist Bible College in CLarks Summit PA