Christianity --Youth Issues/masturbation

Question
is it wrong for christians to masturbate? if so why?

Answer
Hi J

Thank you for this very common question.  It is amazing how many young people ask this question of me on the internet.  Here is what the Bible teaches:

Matthew 5:2730 (AV)
27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: 28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. 29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. 30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Sexual fantasy is wrong.  Jesus seemed to tie this fantasy in with the eyes and the right hand which looks like masturbation to me.  I believe that masturbation is a vice to be resisted because the more one gives in to this vice, the more it will control your entire life.

I hope that this helps you.

In Christ
Pastor Don

Christianity --Youth Issues

Pastor Don Carpenter