Christianity --Youth Issues/Fetish

QUESTION: I am an 18 year old Christian man with a sexual attraction to feet. I feel really horrible about this time of year every year because, while it is considered wrong for a girl to run around with her shirt off, girls take thier shoes off all the time. It isn't thier fault, it just takes a lot of willpower to keep my eyes up. I know that our God wants great things for me, but it seems like I can't live up to those things with this giant wall in my way. On my worst days, I feel like a freak and I even find myself blaming God for making me this way. I picked you because your profile says you will be blunt and straight-forward with me. That is what I want to hear, not any sugar-coating. What advice would you give to a person like me?

ANSWER: Good Morning Chase;

I hear your cry, and your right, I don't sugar coat my answers, but I do offer them in the Love of Christ. I, as He, love His children, and know that, they are bound to have problems to work through. When He brought Israel of old into their *new land*. He removed the enemies that He knew they couldn't defeat, but left some of those smaller ones, so they might learn how to do warfare. Learning how to defeat these little enemies of the flesh, when attempted in ones own will, or strength, always bear a lesson in them. Much like the law, we can agree to its goodness, but the reality is, we can't keep them. Otherwise we take the glory!

Chase the AA program was given to those caught in the addiction of alcohol, but works the same for all addictions of the flesh. And this program was made very simple for the simple reason that is was dealing with the alcohol effected minds of its students. I only wish more Christians would learn the steps for gaining freedom from such things they can't seem to overcome in their own strengths, as even an alcoholic.

Chase take a look at the simplicity of these steps that the Lord gave for those ensnared in by this enemy.

The 12 Steps

1: We admitted we were powerless over alcohol/drugs/fetishes/sexual/porn/out of control indulgences/etc--that our lives had become unmanageable.
2: Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3: Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
4: Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5: Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6: Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7: Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.

These 7 simple steps, have brought freedom for thousands of those caught, in things they couldn't get free from in themselves.

A little boy, just learning to tie his own shoes, will inevitably get the laces all tangled up, and be unable to straighten things out. Usually ending up with tears of frustration as they try and retry to get it done. Finally they go to dad, and ask him to help them tie their shoe. But here is the lesson Chase. Dad can't help straighten the tangles, until junior lets go of the laces.

As long as you think, you can overcome, and keep trying in all faithfulness, you will inevitably fail! Let go of the problem and be willing to let Dad take care of the problem. And don't get down on yourself , for He knows, He cares, and it is HE who is to bring us to completion not ourselves. You have recognized that which is in the way, follow the steps, and let Him have the laces. He will do it, in His timing, and your belief is in His ability to do those things that need be removed is all He needs. "When we are faithless, He is faithful, for He cannot deny Himself!"

8: Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9: Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

These steps can help remove unforgiveness for anything or anyone in your past. IF you have unforgiveness for anyone, or anything in your past, let it go, for your sake, because it can hinder you, not them.

10: Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11: Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
12: Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

Well Chase, there it is in a nutshell. The enemy knows the believers weak spots, and that is what he uses to rob them of their belief in the Lords abilities. Then they get into anxiety, frustration, and yes even mad at God, which make the devil laugh at his success. But the Lord Himself has allowed him to do so, to bring to light the weak spots in our lives, that we might recognized them, and take them to Him.  The same lesson was for Israel, through the laws and precepts He gave them. They were to recognize their inabilities, and take the problem of their inability to Him who had all ability. But they failed time after time.

we have something much better than they. We have the Victor over all the affairs of the flesh, living and abiding in us..!

Keep in touch, and let me know how your victory comes..  Okay?

Sincerely in Christ.

QUESTION: Okay, I think I have a much better idea of how to overcome my temptations now, but I am still unsure about the future. I hope someday I will find a girl who loves God as much as I do and marry her. Is it still wrong to be attracted by, and act on that attraction, with her feet? Also, and this is unrelated to the original question but I would love to keep in touch and tell you how my battles are going, I just can't seem to find your email address or any way to talk to you other than this site, so how would I do that?

Hi Chase. Glad to hear some  light got shed into those dark places, eh?

Here is my email address, you can use to contact me other than this site.  I'll send this along, and give you some further insight on your latest query, once I hear from you...

I will take a copy of your question, and put it on my email program, and will send it to you once I hear from you through it. Okay/

Mr B.
[ ]

Christianity --Youth Issues

L E Burns Apostle of Jesus

From Gods mouth to your ears. If you want the truth, and not just someone to agree with you, you've come to the right place.. "The wounds of a friend are better than the kisses of an enemy!"

Having an ongoing, ever increasing, intimate relationship with the One who Knows it all....

Master of Theology. Bachelor of Arts. Friends with the Teacher.