Christianity --Youth Issues/a few more questions

There are a few things I'm still wondering.
What does it mean that Jesus died for us and are Jesus and God the same?

What is the Bible's view of nature? Should Christians be concerned with ecological issues?

What is the Bible's view of nationalism? (For the record I'm a Northumbrian Nationalist because I feel the UK's control of Northumbria, yet completely neglecting issues of vital importance to it is fundamentally unjust and can only be resolved through limited self-rule or complete independence)

Is it still pre-marital sex if you're engaged I'm engaged and me and my fiancÚ do have sex and I'm wondering if it's okay since we are going to get married when I graduate high school.

Hi Rose, glad to hear back from you..  

(1) Are Jesus and God the same?

Answer. God is a Spirit! But mankind couldn't relate to something they couldn't see! So God, made Himself a flesh and blood body, through a Spiritual conception in Mary, Jesus being the result. Jesus had to be born of a woman, but not through a man, otherwise He would be carrying the adamic nature that carried the condemnation of death through the sin of the original parents of mankind.

God/Spirit came to abide in Jesus, this human body, without a sin nature, that God/Spirit might relate to mankind. Through Jesus, God/Spirit was able to do miracles, of healing the sick, raising the dead, demonstrating the wisdom and knowledge above that what was known by man.

Jesus' disciples asked to see the Father/God/Spirit, and Jesus said, " If you've seen Me, you've seen the Father. The works that Jesus did, Jesus said, it wasn't Him who did the miracles but the Father/Spirit that was in Him.. 2 Corinthians 5:18 But all things are of God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ, and gave unto us the ministry of reconciliation;
 19 to wit, that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself, not reckoning unto them their trespasses, and having committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Notice...* God was in Christ! * The Spirit of God, and the spirit of Christ became one. God, which is not a Name, but a job description, took on a new Name.... Jesus. Just as King David. King is not his name, but his job description. David being his name. The Spirits new name is Jesus/Jeshuah. Phillipians 2:5 Have this mind in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
 6 who, existing in the form of God, counted not the being on an equality with God a thing to be grasped,
 7 but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men;
 8 and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, becoming obedient even unto death, yea, the death of the cross.
 9 Wherefore also God highly exalted him, and gave unto him the name which is above every name;
 10 that in the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven and things on earth and things under the earth,
 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

(2)What does it mean that Jesus died for us?

Answer. Mankind has the sentence of eternal death, because of Adams sin. Gods Justice demands payment for that sin, which is death. So Jesus, becoming as a man, took that penalty of death upon Himself, and died on Calvarys cross for mankinds redemeption.  In the old testament, man who sinned could take an animal to the priest, and the animal was put to death on behalf of the sinner. But this didn't eradicate what the man was, only what the man did. Because when he sinned again, he could have another animal represent him as he layed his hands upon the innocent animal, the animal received the mans punishment, and the man received the animals innocence. This was a type and shadow of what represented  Jesus, being the perfect lamb for sacrifice for guilty mankind.

(3) When a believer in Christ, becomes born anew, they are no longer of this world. They are in the world, but no more of the world. They become as ambassadors to a foreign host country. This world is no longer their home, for they have been born from above, which is their eternal home. This world as we know it, is slowly degrading to where the bible says, it will be rolled up and thrown away as an old garment, and a brand new world in which righteousness prevails will be made. Hebrews 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
 11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
 12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.

2 Peter 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
 13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

(4) Is it still pre-marital sex if you're engaged I'm engaged and me and my fiancÚ do have sex and I'm wondering if it's okay since we are going to get married when I graduate high school.

Rose, the Lord Jesus, looks upon the heart of man. Not necessarily his actions. Here is an example of where Jesus reveals what is in a womans heart about the man she is living with.
John 4:16 Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither.
 17 The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband:
 18  For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.  

Notice, that in this womans heart, the men she had been with weren't seen by her as a husband. Which is what Jesus pointed out.  BUT, if the woman had seen the man she was living with as her husband, she would have went and brought him to Jesus.   See what is being said  Rose?  How do you see the man you are with? As a husband to be? If Jesus were to say to you, " Go bring your husband!" What would you reply? And how does your man see you, if asked the same question by Jesus?

I have known couples who have lived together for a time, if they were asked, " go bring your wife, or your husband, here. By their answer, you can see their hearts attitude toward one another, even though they have never married. Another couple with the same circumstance, when asked the same question, one might get, " Well she isn't my wife, or husband, we just live together.   See the difference Rose?

PS. When you graduate High School? So how old are you Rose? If I may ask.

Sincerely In Christ
Mr Burns.

Christianity --Youth Issues

L E Burns Apostle of Jesus

From Gods mouth to your ears. If you want the truth, and not just someone to agree with you, you've come to the right place.. "The wounds of a friend are better than the kisses of an enemy!"

Having an ongoing, ever increasing, intimate relationship with the One who Knows it all....

Master of Theology. Bachelor of Arts. Friends with the Teacher.