Christianity --Youth Issues/Holy Spirit

Question
Please provide help in explaining the Holy Spirit to my teens. An illustration would be appreciated.

Answer
Good Evening Adrian;

The scripture says...." God is a Spirit! " John 4:24  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Since God is Holy, then His Spirit is the Holy Spirit.  

When Jesus came out of the waters of baptisim, by John, at the river Jordan, then the Holy Spirit/GOD came upon/into Jesus. Thereby the scripture that states... 2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Just as God/Holy Spirit came to reside in the man Christ Jesus, and the miracles began, whereby Jesus always said, " It isn't I who doeth these works, but My Father/God/Holy Spirit, He doeth the works.  God has supplied His Spirit to abide in all believers of Jesus, that they might see the same works done through them, as it was manifest in Jesus.

Since God is a Spirit, it was difficult to understand or see what God would look like. So God, took on the form of a man, Jesus, that through and by Jesus' words, and deeds, one could get to understand what God/Spirit was like.

which is why Jesus disciples asked Jesus.... " since you speak of the Spirit/God/Father, then show us the father/God/Spirit! "  Jesus said, " If you have seen me, you've see the Father!" Jesus didn't mean to see with the eye, but to understand, to comprehend the nature and character of God through the Son.

Hope this is what you were looking for. Anything more specific, feel free to ask away!

Sincerely In Christ
Mr Burns

Christianity --Youth Issues

L E Burns Apostle of Jesus