Christianity --Youth Issues/indigenous religion

QUESTION: Hi. My dad is a Christian, but my mum practices the indigenous folkway of Northern Europe (Asatru). I have a fondness for both religions to be frank. I love the sense of rootedness and connectedness to the land and to my ancestors that Asatru gives me, but I like some of Christ's teachings. I've started praying the Lord's Prayer, but I've continued honoring my ancestors and the spirits of my land. My stepmum (my parents are no longer married), told me I can't do both, but my dad says he doesn't see a problem with it. Which one is right?

ANSWER: Hi Rose;

Rose, Jesus came to tell folks, that no matter what religion, or tradition, or theology, one practises, it may change the things they do, but it doesn't change what they are by their natural birth.  You can be born of a priest, a pope, a shaman, and practice all the dos' and don't of law, religious or otherwise.  You can worship the mountains, the trees, idols, made of wood or stone, but it doesn't change what you are by birth of your parents.

Unless one is born of the Father/God/Spirit, and receives the new nature, and the new life, all the practises, don't mean a thing.

Jesus came to show this, so man could receive the new birth, one born of the Spirit of God, that they become a new person/creation, transfered from the kingdom of darkness, into the kingdom of light.

See Rose, Jesus taught that all mankind are ancestors of the first parents Adam and Eve. And because of their disobediance to God, that sin, spread through and to all men born of a woman. No way out Rose. All mankind is born with a sentence of eternal death upon them.  So no matter what they do, unless they receive the *new birth* Jesus came to give all who come to believe in Him, their destiny is already sealed.

Rose, have you noticed that the Lords prayer starts with * Our Father....*.  Well Rose, as I've mentioned, unless one has been born anew of Him, then HE isn't their father. John 3: 3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
 4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
 6  That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
 7  Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
 8  The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.  

And again.. John 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
 11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
 14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

So in the light of the Word of God, your mom, and your dad are both wrong in their assumptions.

See Rose the Bible is the inspired Word of God, and it is the measure of all things having to do with this life and the life to come. All else is presumption, assumption, and the ideas, and thoughts of man, not God.

When the day comes that a person faces God Almighty, and their destiny is either heaven or hell, there will be only one question He will ask, which is this...." What did you do with My Son? "

Since Jesus is the only way to the Father, and the only door into eternal life, the question is vital, that one have the right answer.

Hope this sheds some light on your beliefs Rose. If you would like further enlightenment on the subject, feel free.

Sincerely In Christ Jesus
Mr Burns.

QUESTION: What happened to those people who died before Christ came into the world? Also, just checking, I assume ancestor reverence and honoring land spirits are not acceptable in Christianity?

Hi Rose....  Everyone from Adam till the time of Christ died in sin. And the wages of sin is death.

And they all, save for Enoch, and Elijah, went into the place called " death! "  BUT, when Jesus died and went into the place of " Death ", and preached to all those in prison, He led all those that had died, waiting for a deliverer, a Messiah, out of prison, because HE took the keys of death away from Satan, because Jesus was sinless, and death could not hold Him. He legally destroyed that which Satan held over mankind, so that all who believe in Him, do not go into death when they die, but into Paradise.

1 Corinthians 15: 55  O death, where is thy victory? O death, where is thy sting?
 56 The sting of death is sin; and the power of sin is the law:
 57 but thanks be to God, who giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended on high, He led captivity captive, And gave gifts unto men.
 9 (Now this, He ascended, what is it but that He also descended into the lower parts of the earth?
 10 He that descended is the same also that ascended far above all the heavens, that he might fill all things.

1 Peter 3: 18 Because Christ also suffered for sins once, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God; being put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;
 19 in which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison,

20 that aforetime were disobedient, when the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water:

As to the last part of your question Rose. Here is what Jesus Himself said to this Samaritan woman. I will highlight the point pertaining to the query...1

John 4: 7 There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink.
 8 For his disciples were gone away into the city to buy food.
 9 The Samaritan woman therefore saith unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, who am a Samaritan woman? (For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans.)
 10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.
 11 The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: whence then hast thou that living water?
 12 Art thou greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his sons, and his cattle?
 13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Every one that drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
 14 but whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall become in him a well of water springing up unto eternal life.
 15 The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come all the way hither to draw.
 16 Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither.
 17 The woman answered and said unto him, I have no husband. Jesus saith unto her, Thou saidst well, I have no husband:
 18 for thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: this hast thou said truly.
19 The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.
 20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
 21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when neither in this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, shall ye worship the Father.
 22 Ye worship that which ye know not: we worship that which we know; for salvation is from the Jews.
 23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth: for such doth the Father seek to be his worshippers.
 24  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and truth.

25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messiah cometh (he that is called Christ): when he is come, he will declare unto us all things.
 26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he .

" Ye worship that which you know not!"

The dead, are dead, and their spirit resides in one of two places. Without Christ, they reside in death, awaiting the white throne Judgement of God, and the lake of fire, which is the second death. OR, they have received that new life in Christ, and abide in Paradise, and His presence.

It isn't whether it is acceptable or not Rose, true Christianity is not a religion, like all other religions, but true christianity, is where a beleiver in Christ, is having a living, and intimate, and personal relationship with the Living Christ.

True Christians have the very Spirit of God, abiding in them, and know of which spirits are of God, and all those that aren't, but are of the counterfeiter, the liar himself. Rose Jesus talked much about the spirits of darkness that led the gullible astray.

Ephesians 6:10  Finally, be strong in the Lord, and in the strength of his might.
 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
 12 For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood, but against the principalities, against the powers, against the world-rulers of this darkness, against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places .

1 John 4:1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but prove the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets/spirits are gone out into the world.
 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
 3 and every spirit that confesseth not Jesus is not of God: and this is the spirit of the antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it cometh; and now it is in the world already.

Hope that sheds more light into the darkness for you Rose...

Sincerely In Christ

Mr Burns

Christianity --Youth Issues

L E Burns Apostle of Jesus

From Gods mouth to your ears. If you want the truth, and not just someone to agree with you, you've come to the right place.. "The wounds of a friend are better than the kisses of an enemy!"

Having an ongoing, ever increasing, intimate relationship with the One who Knows it all....

Master of Theology. Bachelor of Arts. Friends with the Teacher.