Christianity --Youth Issues/unforgivable sin

I have been a Christian my whole life, often times not being a very good one. Anyways, I was talking with my Mom about the antichrist and what the bible says about it, trying to understand it . Then I seriously questioned, out loud, "what if the God that we all as Christians worship, could be the antichrist?" I think I seriously believed it for a moment. Anyways, I was fully aware of the unforgivable sin and the bible verses about it, but I felt I had to question anyway. And now I feel that I have committed the unforgivable sin. I feel incredibly depressed and hopeless now. Is there anyway that God could forgive this? Or have I committed the unforgivable sin?

Mr. A,
I understand your predicament. Please understand that no sin is unforgivable unless you willfully and wantonly work against Jehovah’s expressed will to sanctify his name or against his chosen people. You may not have a complete understanding what it is to commit a sin. In fact, many really don’t understand what sinning is to begin with. Lets take this one step at a time.

Sin is anything not in harmony with, hence contrary to, God’s personality, standards, ways, and will; anything marring one’s relationship with God. It may be in word, in deed or acts or failing to do what should be done, or in mind or heart attitude. Lack of faith in God is a major sin, showing, as it does, distrust of him or lack of confidence in his ability to perform.

(Job 2:10) 10 But he said to her: “As one of the senseless women speaks, you speak also. Shall we accept merely what is good from the [true] God and not accept also what is bad?” In all this Job did not sin with his lips.

(Psalm 39:1) 39 I said: “I will guard my ways To keep from sinning with my tongue. I will set a muzzle as a guard to my own mouth, As long as anyone wicked is in front of me.”

(Leviticus 20:20) 20 And a man who lies down with his uncle’s wife has laid bare the nakedness of his uncle. They should answer for their sin. They should die childless.

(2 Corinthians 12:21) 21 Perhaps, when I come again, my God might humiliate me among YOU, and I might mourn over many of those who formerly sinned but have not repented over their uncleanness and fornication and loose conduct that they have practiced.

(Numbers 9:12, 13) . . .. 13 But when the man was clean or did not happen to be off on a journey and neglected to prepare the Passover sacrifice, that soul must then be cut off from his people, because the offering of Jehovah he did not present at its appointed time. For his sin that man will answer.

(James 4:17) 17 Therefore, if one knows how to do what is right and yet does not do it, it is a sin for him.

So, Mr. A, as stated previously, these are the many sins that man may commit against God, but sins can be wiped out Mr. A.

Jehovah gave us an undeserved gift, John 3:16-21 16 “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent forth his Son into the world, not for him to judge the world, but for the world to be saved through him. 18 He that exercises faith in him is not to be judged. He that does not exercise faith has been judged already, because he has not exercised faith in the name of the only-begotten Son of God. 19 Now this is the basis for judgment, that the light has come into the world but men have loved the darkness rather than the light, for their works were wicked. 20 For he that practices vile things hates the light and does not come to the light, in order that his works may not be reproved. 21 But he that does what is true comes to the light. . .

Mr. A, now we have two classes of people that benefit from Jehovah’s undeserved kindness: righteous and unrighteousness. Those who belong and bask in the light and others who have not seen the truth therefore lurk in darkness.

Mr. A, Man was created in “God’s image.”He, like all other created things, existed and was created because of God’s will. God’s assigning work to him showed that man was to serve God’s purpose on earth. According to the inspired apostle, man was created to be both “God’s image and glory”, hence to reflect the qualities of his Creator, conducting himself so as to reflect the glory of God. As God’s earthly son, man should resemble, or be like, his heavenly Father. To be otherwise would be to contradict and reproach the divine parenthood of God.—Compare Mal 1:6.

Jesus showed this when encouraging his disciples to manifest goodness and love in a way surpassing that done by “sinners,” persons known to practice sinful acts. He stated that only by following God’s example in mercy and love could his disciples ‘prove themselves sons of their Father who is in the heavens.’ The Apostle Paul ties in God’s glory with the matter of human sin in saying that “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”

At 2 Corinthians 3:16-18; 4:1-6 the apostle shows that those turning from sin to Jehovah “with unveiled faces reflect like mirrors the glory of Jehovah, [and] are transformed into the same image from glory to glory,” because the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, shines through to them. The apostle Peter quotes from the Hebrew Scriptures in stating God’s express will for his earthly servants, saying: “In accord with the holy one who called you, do you also become holy yourselves in all your conduct, because it is written: ‘You must be holy, because I am holy.’”

Sin, therefore, mars man’s reflection of God’s likeness and glory; it makes man unholy, that is, unclean, impure, tarnished in a spiritual and moral sense.

(Genesis 1:26, 27) . . .And God went on to say: “Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness, and let them have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and the domestic animals and all the earth and every moving animal that is moving upon the earth.” 27 And God proceeded to create the man in his image, in God’s image he created him; male and female he created them.

(Genesis 1:28) 28 Further, God blessed them and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many and fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving upon the earth.”

(Genesis 2:8) 8 Further, Jehovah God planted a garden in E′den, toward the east, and there he put the man whom he had formed.

(Genesis 2:15-17) 15 And Jehovah God proceeded to take the man and settle him in the garden of E′den to cultivate it and to take care of it. 16 And Jehovah God also laid this command upon the man: “From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction. 17 But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will positively die.”

Knowledge brings greater responsibility. Pilate’s sin was not as great as that of the Jewish religious leaders who turned Jesus over to the governor, nor that of Judas, who betrayed his Lord. (John 19:11; 17:12) Jesus told Pharisees of his day that if they were blind, they would have no sin, evidently meaning that their sins could be forgiven by God on the basis of their ignorance; however, because they denied being in ignorance, ‘their sin remained.’ (John 9:39-41) Jesus said they had “no excuse for their sin” because they were witnesses of the powerful words and works proceeding from him as the result of God’s spirit on him. (John 15:22-24; Luke 4:18)

Those who, either in word or by their course of action, willfully and knowingly blasphemed God’s spirit thus manifested would be “guilty of everlasting sin,” with no forgiveness possible. (Matthew 12:31, 32; Mark 3:28-30; compare John 15:26; 16:7, 8.) This could be the case with some who came to be Christians and then deliberately turned from God’s pure worship. Hebrews 10:26, 27 states that “if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left, but there is a certain fearful expectation of judgment and there is a fiery jealousy that is going to consume those in opposition.”

At 1 John 5:16, 17, John evidently refers to willful, knowing sin in speaking of “a sin that does incur death” as contrasted with one that does not. (Compare Numbers 15:30.) Where the evidence indicates such willful, knowing sin, the Christian would not pray for the one so offending. God, of course, is the final Judge as to the heart attitude of the sinner.—Compare Jeremiah 7:16; Matthew 5:44; Acts 7:60.

Single sin versus practice of sin. John also makes a distinction between a single sin and the practice of sinning as is shown by a comparison of 1 John 2:1 and 3:4-8 as rendered in the New World Translation. As to the correctness of the rendering “everyone who practices sin [poi•on′ ten ha•mar•ti′an]” (1John 3:4), Robertson’s Word Pictures in the New Testament (1933, Vol. VI, p. 221) says: “The present active participle (poion) means the habit of doing sin.” As to 1 John 3:6, where the phrase oukh ha•mar•ta′nei is used in the Greek text, the same scholar comments (p. 222): “Linear present . . . active indicative of hamartano, ‘does not keep on sinning.’” Thus, the faithful Christian may at some time lapse or fall into sin because of weakness or being misled, but he “does not carry on sin,” continuing to walk in it.—1John 3:9, 10; compare 1Corinthian 15:33, 34; 1Timothy 5:20.

Sharing in the sins of others. A person can become guilty of sin before God by his willing association with wrongdoers, by his approval of their wrongdoing, or by his covering over their conduct so that the elders do not know about it and take appropriate action. (Compare Psalm 50:18, 21; 1Timothy 5:22.) Those who stay in the symbolic city “Babylon the Great” therefore also “receive part of her plagues.” (Revelation 18:2, 4-8) A Christian associating with or even saying “a greeting” to one who abandons the teaching of the Christ becomes “a sharer in his wicked works.”—2John 9-11; compare Titus 3:10, 11.

Timothy was warned by Paul against being “a sharer in the sins of others.” (1Timothy 5:22) Paul’s preceding words as to ‘never laying hands hastily upon any man’ must refer to the authority granted Timothy to appoint overseers in congregations. He was not to appoint a newly converted man, for such a one might get puffed up with pride; if Timothy failed to heed this counsel, he would reasonably bear a measure of the responsibility for whatever wrongs such a one might commit.—1Timothy 3:6.

An entire nation could become guilty of sin before God on the basis of the above principles.—Proverbs 14:34.

Sins Against Men, God, and Christ. As shown earlier, the Hebrew Scriptures record references to sin by men of different nations during the patriarchal period. Mainly these related to sins against other humans.

Since God alone is the standard of righteousness and goodness, sins committed against humans are not failures to conform to such persons’ ‘image and likeness,’ but they are a failure to respect or care for their rightful and proper interests, thus committing offense against them, causing them unjust damage. (Judges 11:12, 13, 27; 1Samuel 19:4, 5; 20:1; 26:21; Jeremiah 37:18; 2Corinthian 11:7) Jesus set forth the guiding principles for a person to follow if certain serious sins were committed against him. (Matthew 18:15-17)

Even though one’s brother sinned against him 77 times or 7 times in a single day, such an offender was to be forgiven if, upon being rebuked, he showed repentance. (Matthew 18:21, 22; Luke 17:3, 4; compare 1Peter 4:8.) Peter speaks of house servants being slapped for sins committed against their owners. (1Peter 2:18-20) One can sin against constituted authority by failing to show it due respect. Paul declared himself innocent of any sin “against the Law of the Jews [or] against the temple [or] against Caesar.”—Acts 25:8.

Sins against humans, nevertheless, are also sins against the Creator, to whom men must make an accounting. (Romans 14:10, 12; Ephesians 6:5-9; Hebrew 13:17)

Mr. A, unless you were displaying the same attitude that the Pharisees and Sadducees and others in the Bible who deliberately went against Jehovah or who knew that Jesus was the son of God and blatantly, deliberately schemed to have him killed for the sake of their pockets, then I can pretty much say that your good. Only God can deem a sin that is unforgiveable, which is sinning against the Holy Spirit. Believe me Mr. A, you don’t seem like a gentleman who would be sinning against Jehovah if you’re writing here asking what the ultimate sin is.
However, I do recommend that now that you know the meaning of sin and have been shown the truth of sin and what it means now your life. I’m going to leave this great scriptural text for you to ponder on.  No sin is unforgiveable Mr. A. Compare this to what Israel did and the manner that Jehovah forgave them, as a nation.

(Isaiah 1:4-31)

. . .Woe to the sinful nation, the people heavy with error, an evildoing seed, ruinous sons! They have left Jehovah, they have treated the Holy One of Israel with disrespect, they have turned backwards.

5 Where else will YOU be struck still more, in that YOU add more revolt? The whole head is in a sick condition, and the whole heart is feeble.

6 From the sole of the foot even to the head there is no sound spot in it. Wounds and bruises and fresh stripes—they have not been squeezed out or bound up, nor has there been a softening with oil.

7 YOUR land is a desolation, YOUR cities are burned with fire; YOUR ground—right in front of YOU strangers are eating it up, and the desolation is like an overthrow by strangers. 8 And the daughter of Zion has been left remaining like a booth in a vineyard, like a lookout hut in a field of cucumbers, like a blockaded city.

9 Unless Jehovah of armies himself had left remaining to us just a few survivors, we should have become just like Sod′om, we should have resembled Go•mor′rah itself.
10 Hear the word of Jehovah, YOU dictators of Sod′om. Give ear to the law of our God, YOU people of Go•mor′rah.

11 “Of what benefit to me is the multitude of YOUR sacrifices?” says Jehovah. “I have had enough of whole burnt offerings of rams and the fat of well-fed animals; and in the blood of young bulls and male lambs and he-goats I have taken no delight.

12 When YOU people keep coming in to see my face, who is it that has required this from YOUR hand, to trample my courtyards?

13 Stop bringing in any more valueless grain offerings. Incense—it is something detestable to me. New moon and sabbath, the calling of a convention—I cannot put up with the [use of] uncanny power along with the solemn assembly.

14 YOUR new moons and YOUR festal seasons my soul has hated. To me they have become a burden; I have become tired of bearing [them].

15 And when YOU spread out YOUR palms, I hide my eyes from YOU. Even though YOU make many prayers, I am not listening; with bloodshed YOUR very hands have become filled.

16 Wash yourselves; make yourselves clean; remove the badness of YOUR dealings from in front of my eyes; cease to do bad.

17 Learn to do good; search for justice; set right the oppressor; render judgment for the fatherless boy; plead the cause of the widow.”

18 “Come, now, YOU people, and let us set matters straight between us,” says Jehovah. “Though the sins of YOU people should prove to be as scarlet, they will be made white just like snow; though they should be red like crimson cloth, they will become even like wool.

19 If YOU people show willingness and do listen, the good of the land YOU will eat.

20 But if YOU people refuse and are actually rebellious, with a sword YOU will be eaten up; for the very mouth of Jehovah has spoken [it].”

21 O how the faithful town has become a prostitute! She was full of justice; righteousness itself used to lodge in her, but now murderers.

22 Your silver itself has become scummy dross. Your wheat beer is diluted with water.

23 Your princes are stubborn and partners with thieves. Every one of them is a lover of a bribe and a chaser after gifts. For a fatherless boy they do not render judgment; and even the legal case of a widow does not get admittance to them.

24 Therefore the utterance of the [true] Lord, Jehovah of armies, the Powerful One of Israel, is: “Aha! I shall relieve myself of my adversaries, and I will avenge myself on my enemies.

25 And I will turn back my hand upon you, and I shall smelt away your scummy dross as with lye, and I will remove all your waste products.

26 And I will bring back again judges for you as at the first, and counselors for you as at the start. After this you will be called City of Righteousness, Faithful Town.

27 With justice Zion herself will be redeemed, and those returning of her, with righteousness.

28 And the crash of revolters and that of sinful ones will be at the same time, and those leaving Jehovah will come to their finish.

29 For they will be ashamed of the mighty trees that YOU people desired, and YOU will be abashed because of the gardens that YOU have chosen.

30 For YOU will become like a big tree the foliage of which is withering, and like a garden that has no water. 31 And the vigorous man will certainly become tow, and the product of his activity a spark; and both of them will certainly go up in flames at the same time, with no one to do the extinguishing.”

Should you need any more information, please go to for more information.

Christianity --Youth Issues

David DeLaurentos

I can answer any question pertaining to youths and Christianity. Many youths question and struggle with many issues while being torn over biblical issues. Their conscience becomes trouble with many spiritual obstacles. Hopefully I will be able to apply biblical counsel to your situation and come to a positive outcome.

I have been a Christian Minister for close to thirty years and within that time period I was a court appointed special advocate for children and teenagers. I represented the child in thier best interest and would not allow them to be railroaded by the system. I waa also a Juvenile Probation Officer for over ten years and a police officer close to ten years. I have taught as well as trained the public and officers with individuals who were a high risk to the community.

I belong to many organizations involving criminal profiling, investigation and have investigated many cases.

I have published many papers and reports dealing my area of expertise. You can Google them.

I have a Masters in Criminal Forensic Psychology including a minor in abnormal psychology. I have many years of experential experience and have dealt with major and minor issues with children and teenagers.

Awards and Honors are irrevalent when a child or a teenager gets the help they needed to achieve a life that is socially reponsible.

My past and current clients would like to remain anonymous and therefore respect thier privacy.