Christianity --Youth Issues/Motivation for not sinning

If we are saved, what are the negative impacts of sin? If we are forgiven for anything, why should we do good? I want to do better and I need motivation. What I constantly hear is that we are forgiven and that if we ask for forgiveness then everything is fine again and it sets me in a loop where I can just sin and then ask for forgiveness over and over.

Thank you,

It seems that simple, but it's not.  The negative impacts are that you've taken yourself away from God while still on Earth, making your life more miserable to live.  Yes, you can be forgiven, and you will be, and you'll be given a second, third, fourth.... chance.  Once we have been saved once, our goal is not to just sit and do nothing, but to walk closer and closer to God every day.

The bottom line is that God wants you to do all you can to stay with Him and to show the love that He has shown for you to all the world.  If you're flippant about sin ("oh wtf, God'll forgive me), you're really not repentant for what you did.  The goal is to not do that sin again.

Make sense?  feel free to follow up.

Christianity --Youth Issues

Carl F.

I can answer questions from teens & young adults concerning their faith walk and on social issues which affect their lives. I can answer questions on sex, homosexuality, or drugs, and anything else that might be troubling you. After 30 years in youth ministry, nothing shocks me, and I promise to give straight answers to any and all questions. I can also answer questions from youth workers on problems they`re having with programming or with their groups.

I have been involved in youth and young adult ministries as a volunteer for over 35 years. I am currently a volunteer youth minister in a suburban UM church - I have a small group of 7th and 8th graders.

United Methodist Church, Chrysalis, Walk to Emmaus, Cursillo

Several training seminars, 9 years at National Youth Workers Convention, 1 year at Princeton Forum on Youth Ministry

Certified lay speaker for UM Church