Christianity --Youth Issues/Are these religious names for guys?

Question
Along time ago, I don't remember when, I remember hearing these two names, they are 'Jebadiah' and 'Zachariah' and I'm not 100 percent sure about this but I think they might be religious names for guys, names which, I think, used to be common names along time ago. Since I'm not completely sure about this I was wondering if these two types of names I mentioned used to be common? If so, do you know when and if these two names were common in Christianity or some other religions?

Answer
Hi David, how have you been?  It's good to hear from you.

Jebidiah is a Hebrew name, but not found in the Bible.

Jedidiah is the name given to Solomon by God.  

2 Samuel 12:24Then David comforted his wife Bathsheba, and he went to her and made love to her. She gave birth to a son, and they named him Solomon. The Lord loved him;   25and because the Lord loved him, he sent word through Nathan the prophet to name him Jedidiah.

It means beloved by God.

Zachariah was a King of Israel.  It means:

REMEMBERED BY THE LORD.
(1.) Son of Jeroboam II., king of Israel. On the death of his father there was an interregnum of ten years, at the end of which he succeeded to the throne, which he occupied only six months, having been put to death by Shallum, who usurped the throne. “He did that which was evil in the sight of the Lord, as his fathers had done” (2 Kings 14:29; 15:8-12). In him the dynasty of Jehu came to an end.

(2.) The father of Abi, who was the mother of Hezekiah (2 Kings 18:2).

I've seen or read of all 3 names primarily in the 1800s.  I actually have an ex-student named Zachary which is a derivation of Zachariah.  I've heard of a few Zacks in the last 20-30 years, but only a amll number Jebs or Jeds - primarily in the South.  You'll see a lot of Jedidiah and Jebidiah in Amish families in the Northeast, primarily Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Indiana.

And yes, these are all guys names.

Hope this helps.

Blessings,
Carl

Christianity --Youth Issues

Carl F.