Christianity --Youth Issues/Is Star Wars against God?

Question
QUESTION: Dear Sir,
Ben has not answered your request to repost the question, but his question found unanswered has motivated me to think about the issue. I am interested in your answer, so could you please aswer it now:

Star Wars has the force, and I think that they mean it like a religion. Does this mean that if I have seen Star Wars this December I am a sinner?

Thank you

Matthew

ANSWER: Good Morning Matthew, greetings from Saskatchewan, Canada....

Matthew, the movie was and does, depict good over evil. The good guys win. That is the moral of the story, simply put. Fascinating to watch all the action, and characters, made up by the minds of men, but that is all it is Matthew.

You can watch it a 100 times, and enjoy the action and the ending, but it doesn't make one a sinner. There are all kinds of " forces " in this world, both seen and  unseen, but the Lord has given everyone a free will to choose the choices they make. Good, bad, or ugly!

But, none of those choices makes one a sinner. One is born through natural childbirth with the propencity to sin, because of the adamic nature of the original parents. But Jesus who became for those in the old adam, the last Adam. And God placed all in the old adam, in His Son, the last Adam, that through the new birth, the born again experience, the old is dead, and a new creation was conceived.  We are all, that are In Christ, new creations.

The propencity to sin is overtaken by the propencity to walk in righteousness. And He leads His kids in the ways of righteousness. And they gain the experience as they grow in Him, how to discern that which is okay, and that which isn't.

I understand you are young in the Lords ways Matthew, and that is okay, we all had to start at the beginings.  Thankfully we have those with much maturity in the knowledge of the Lord, that we are able to help the younger along the way, as even we were helped along the way.

So breath a sigh of relief Matthew, you ain't in any trouble watching star wars..! ( big smile ).

Sincerely In Him
Mr Burns...

QUESTION: Thank you very much, I feel relief. There are so many to claim that watching movies or reading books like Harry Potter or Star Wars, especially if you watch them with pleasure, is in fact an act of sinful behaviour, disobedience to God, because they do not mention God and replace God's actions in this world with magic or "Force". And there is an article in our evengelical bulletin pointing out that these movies and books enhance the wish to learn the witchcraft or other demonical ways instead of Gospel.

But I have treated them always only as nice stories, fantasy not reality - not as an indication to the choice of the way of life, apart form you have written in the beginning, the general incentive "to follow the good and not the evil". I will show your answer to my colleagues here in our church.

Thank you once again

Matthew

ANSWER: Hi Matthew, glad to hear from you again, and thanks for the rating...

Matthew I have heard just about everything there is to hear on most any topic one can imagine, and the Lord has provided the wisdom and understanding of those things that are His, and those things that have been made up by good intentioned people. Especially " churchified " persons.

When we are very young in the things of the Lord, how can one not do things that they really don't know for sure if it is Gods will, or their own?  So " churchified/religious " folks make things up that they think God would approve of, and they really don't Know His will, or His ways at all.

Matthew, when we were " born again, born of Him " we became also partakers of His Divine Nature. And those desires to do the right things is now " inbred " in us, because He is our Father, and we have the very same nature as He. " For as He is, so also are we in this world!"1 John 4:17 Herein is love made perfect with us, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as he is, even so are we in this world.

And when we start to walk in something we should not, there is a little prompting in our hearts and minds from Him who now lives within us, to not go there.  Now we have a choice to obey that still small unction, or not!  And as we do, we learn rightfully, or wrongly, but it is how we learn His ways, from our own old ways.

See this is a whole new way of living, learning, experiencing, even talking. For it is a spiritual life, rather than the ole fleshly life, and there is a vast difference.

This is why the Word of God is so important to believers. It contains spiritual food, that sustains the Spirit of Christ in us as we grow. 1 John 4: 17 Herein is love made perfect with us, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; 1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, my little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world.

Matthew there are many things that one is told my others, that have no basis in scripture, and there in lies the problem...  Too many Christians don't read and study their bibles, and therefore have nothing to verify, or not, what they are taught. And I might add, even those that might be familiar with the scriptures, have not come to KNOW the Lord of the scriptures which is the intent of the scriptures. That we might come to Know the Author.

And that is my ministry Matthew! To bring believers into that relationship with the Living Christ. And to know Him personally, and intimately, and to Know His will and purposes for each of His own..

Sincerely In Him
Mr B....

QUESTION: Hi Mr Burns,

you've written:

> Hi Matthew.... Haven't heard from you since last year, how's it going?
>
> Mr Burns

I'm okay, hoping you are well as well.

Have you per chance expected that I will continue the exchange of e-mails on the subjects you have raised? Sorry to have disappointed you. You have answered my question in a simple and straightforward way, and afterwards you have written much more than I have ever expected, I find no question to be asked by me in these texts of yours, nor to be answered by me either (your question marks seem to mark what is but some rethoric questions, no answer required). I agree with you in general.

May the Grace of Our Lord Jesus Christ be always with you,

Matthew

Answer
Hi Matthew... I tell you why my concern for you.....

Quote[ And there is an article in our evengelical bulletin pointing out that these movies and books enhance the wish to learn the witchcraft or other demonical ways instead of Gospel. ]unquote]

And ...quote[Thank you very much, I feel relief. ]unquote.

That tells me much about what you are being taught.

But, it seems you are okay with it. So I will leave you to your own.

PS. Since Grace is the ever present enablement to do what He has asked, and to be what He has called. It is a foregone conclusion, that HE IS GRACE! As HE IS LOVE! As HE IS PATIENCE! As HE IS FAITHFUL! He doesn't just give one grace, of give one Patience, He has given HIMSELF as our all in all.  

Christianity --Youth Issues

L E Burns Apostle of Jesus