Christianity --Youth Issues/Questioning faith

Question
QUESTION: I apologize greatly but, for you to understand the question I am going to ask, I have to provide you with background information first.

My mom is Atheist (but supportive of Christians) and my father is Roman Catholic. I grew up Atheist but, when I started high school (Grade 10 here), I attended a Baptist Church and enjoyed it. My friend who had taken me moved and I wasn't close enough to anyone who went to other local Churches to ask to tag along so I stayed at the Baptist Church throughout the Summer. In the fall of grade 11, my cousin moved to the same town as me and, although also Atheist, she agreed (because she isn't shy) to attend all the Churches in town with me to make sure Baptist was "the one". We somehow passed over the Roman Catholic Church and I stuck with Baptist but wasn't as happy with the decision...almost like I was considering it the "lesser of the evils" (note I'm not actually calling Church evil). I made a friend in grade 12 who was Roman Catholic and I attended a Catholic conference (Steubenville) with her and felt like I couldn't be happier...I especially enjoyed Adoration. I came home from the conference and went to our Roman Catholic Church to talk about getting Baptized March 2016 (I always rush things) and then I sat in on an Adoration/Service. I still enjoyed it but it wasn't as good as the conference. The conference happened two weeks ago and the visit to my local Congregation was last week. Since then, I have been feeling like our local Roman Catholic church could be where God wants me or it may not be as I have also been feeling pushed to try the Baptist Church, our Nazarene Church, our Non-Denominational Church and our Pentecostal Church again. I may decide I would like to go back to the Baptist one, stay at the Roman Catholic one or decide to join one of the others above.

My question is: As long as I make a final decision before I get Baptized, would God have any negative feelings toward me for going back to those churches (Baptist, Nazarene, Pentecostal and Non-Denominational) to make sure I truly am happy with the Roman Catholic Church?

ANSWER: Hi Danika....   Thanks for the background. I want to bring a scripture to this answer, because it is very important!  

John 4:19 The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.
 20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
 21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when neither in this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, shall ye worship the Father.
 22 Ye worship that which ye know not: we worship that which we know; for salvation is from the Jews.
 23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth: for such doth the Father seek to be his worshippers.
 24  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and truth.

Notice that Jesus wasn't so much interested in " where " one worshipped the Lord, but " HOW!"

Let me point out another important and on point scripture Danika, because what you are going to learn from this is something very, very important....!

1 Corinthians 14:26 What is it then, brethren? When ye come together {{ as a church }}, each one hath a psalm, hath a teaching, hath a revelation, hath a tongue, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.
 27 If any man speaketh in a tongue, let it be by two, or at the most three, and that in turn; and let one interpret:
 28 but if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.
 29 And let the prophets speak by two or three, and let the others discern.
 30 But if a revelation be made to another sitting by, let the first keep silence.
 31 For ye all can prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be exhorted;
 32 and the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets;
 33 for God is not a God of confusion, but of peace. As in all the churches of the saints,

Danika, you will notice, that this is what went on when the Saints/Believers in Jesus Christ assembled together to worship the Lord.

I found over the last near 40 years, that the Pentacostal assembly had most of these signs and wonders happening as the saints gathered, as stated that should be going on..  Now I have also known some Pentacostal assemblies that there weren't any signs or wonders happening, which speaks loudly that the Spirit of Christ wasn't in manifestation.

For this first post I won't go into what the other denominations are about. BUT listen closely..

Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some to be apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
 12 for the perfecting of the saints, unto the work of ministering, unto the building up of the body of Christ:

13 till we all attain unto the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a fullgrown man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

[[[ If any " church " doesn't teach this mandate of the Lord for the believer, then get out of that  " assembly " immediately. ]]]

14 that we may be no longer children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, in craftiness, after the wiles of error;
 15 but speaking truth in love, we may grow up in all things into him, who is the head, even Christ;
 16 from whom all the body fitly framed and knit together through that which every joint supplieth, according to the working in due measure of each several part, maketh the increase of the body unto the building up of itself in love.

Hebrews 2: 1 Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things that were heard, lest haply we drift away from them .
 2 For if the word spoken through angels proved stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompense of reward;
 3 how shall we escape, if we neglect so great a salvation? which having at the first been spoken through the Lord, was confirmed unto us by them that heard;
4 God also bearing witness with them, both by signs and wonders, and by manifold powers, and by gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to his own will.

Danika, you will notice that the Lord bears witness to ones salvation and those things that accompany ones salvation.  And these are all performed by the Holy Spirit that Jesus said all believers were to receive.
See Danika, Jesus, as He walked as a human being and was also filled with the Spirit at His water baptism by John at the river Jordan. He is our example of what we are to also experience. He never did a miracle, before He received the Holy Spirit, but after He did, then the miracles and signs and wonder were taking place. He promised us the same would take place with us, as we receive the Spirit,.

Paul ran into some disciples of John the baptist, and he asked them a question, which I ask you.

Acts 19:1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper country came to Ephesus, and found certain disciples:
 2 and he said unto them, Did ye receive the Holy Spirit when ye believed? And they said unto him, Nay, we did not so much as hear whether the Holy Spirit was given .
 3 And he said, Into what then were ye baptised? And they said, Into Johnís baptism.
 4 And Paul said, John baptised with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people that they should believe on him that should come after him, that is, on Jesus.
 5 And when they heard this, they were baptised into the name of the Lord Jesus.
 6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Spirit came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
 7 And they were in all about twelve men.

Notice Danika, that water baptism was a baptism or repentance, and they needed a further baptism in the Holy Spirit.

Now after reading this, I know you will have further questions, and rightly so.  So I look forward to hearing from you, so you can learn further of the truth of ones salvation, church, and the life led by the Spirit of Christ.

I remain.
Sincerely In Christ Jesus
Mr Burns

QUESTION: I do have further questions as I am still relatively new to the Bible...I don't have my own copy yet (as each Church seems to want a slightly different version and I want to get the right version). This means that about 75% of the scripture you used I didn't understand or didn't see how it aided your answer.Am I correct in thinking you were telling me it doesn't matter how much I alternate between Churches up until the point of Baptism? I ask because I was thinking of, for five months, spend each month solely attending one Church but I was concerned what God and/or the individual congregations (priests included) would think of all this as I know some denominations can be a bit touchy with this.

Thanks for taking time to answer my questions.

Answer
Hi Danika...  How long have you been a believer in Christ?  Since you are a newbie, I need to ask some basic questions Danika... As far as a bible just get an easy one to read, I suggest an American Standard Study Bible. And don't worry about the different versions, or translations, for the Lord can speak to you through most all the bibles, whether they be differences or not.

Danika, no denomination bought and paid for you! Only the Lord Jesus did. You need not " join " any denomination, and it won't upset the Lord at all. I heard a man of God once say, and when I heard it, I knew it was the truth right from the Lords mouth...He said... " One of the most dangerous places for a Christian can be in many of the churchs today.

Many church people seem to honour the church/denomination instead of Christ, who is the head of the Church. And Jesus didn't mean a building made of wood and stone.  See, we are the Church. His church is made up of all the believers and receivers of HIM all over the world. When we believers gather, or assemble together, that is the Church..Unerstand?

When you received Christ you were "Baptized into His body" and became a member of the whole world wide body of Christ. Also called the Bride of Christ, He being the Bridegroom.

You have no need of being " baptized " into a denomination Danika. Baptism by being immersed in a tub of water, or lake, or pool, is only a demonstration, of what you believe in your heart.  And it is a baptism of repentance {meaning you are sorry for your sins} which He has wiped clean.

Danika...  I would love to share the simplicity of coming to Know Jesus, and what He wants for you, but I would prefer email rather than this venue.  Would you be acceptable to converse further by email with me?  Here is my email addy, if you would....   leb1943@sasktel.net   

I am retired so check my emails regularly...

Sincerely In Christ Jesus
Mr Burns  

Christianity --Youth Issues

L E Burns Apostle of Jesus