Christianity --Youth Issues/Depraved Mind

Question
(1)What does "a stronghold of the mind" mean? And how can one eliminate it?

Answer
Hi Johnny....Now I notice you are from " Norway "....  You sure move around alot....lol

2 Corinthians 10: 3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh
 4 (for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but mighty before God to the casting down of strongholds) ,
 5 casting down imaginations, and every high thing that is exalted against the knowledge of God, and bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ;
 6 and being in readiness to avenge all disobedience, when your obedience shall be made full.

[*StrongsGreek*] translation for the word " Stronghold "!
3794 ochuroma okh-oo'-ro-mah from a remote derivative of 2192 (meaning to fortify, through the idea of holding safely); a castle (figuratively, argument,thought):--stronghold.

These thoughts injected by the Liar, that have made a " nest " in our minds are what is referred to as a " stronghold!"  And we have a weapon that can defeat/pulldown/make of no effect/ those thoughts, even long held.  And that is the Word of the Lord.

Which, is why I have explained to young Christians, you must read and know the Word of the Lord, written in His book, the Bible, expecially the new testament. The word is the double edged sword that is used to cut down those lies, long held, or newly planted.

I especially want you to notice what is in this passage of His word....

Hebrews 4:
 1 Let us fear therefore, lest haply, a promise being left of entering into his rest, any one of you should seem to have come short of it.
 2 For indeed we have had good tidings preached unto us, even as also they: but the word of hearing did not profit them, because it was not united by faith with them that heard.
 3 For we who have believed do enter into that rest; even as he hath said,  As I sware in my wrath,  They shall not enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
 4 For he hath said somewhere of the seventh day on this wise,  And God rested on the seventh day from all his works;
 5 and in this place again, They shall not enter into my rest.
 6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some should enter thereinto, and they to whom  the good tidings were before preached failed to enter in because of disobedience,
 7 he again defineth a certain day, To-day, saying in David so long a time afterward (even as hath been said before),To-day if ye shall hear his voice, Harden not your hearts.
 8 For if Joshua had given them rest, he would not have spoken afterward of another day.
 9 There remaineth therefore a sabbath rest for the people of God.
 10 For he that is entered into his rest hath himself also rested from his works, as God did from his.
 11 Let us therefore give diligence to enter into that rest, that no man fall after the same example of disobedience.
 12 For the word of God is living, and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and quick to discern the thoughts and intents of the heart.  [Note this last statement? Quick to discern.....] When we know the word, and the liar comes along with his lies, we will quickly recognize truth from error..

Hebrews 5:13 For every one that partaketh of milk is without experience of the word of righteousness; for he is a babe.
 14 But solid food is for fullgrown men, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern good and evil.  

Israel of old heard the Word of God, but they didn't believe it, or put any faith in it, and they failed to enter His rest.

We have the Word for our victories, and all we need to is know it, and use it. Lies, even long held lies, can be easily thwarted by holdingfast to the word of God, over any thought, or imagination, or knowledge that flies in the face of the truth in and of Gods word..

I can't emphazie this enough... Read the Word. Arm yourself with the Word. Believe it, above all else..and you will walk in the peace and rest of the Lord Jesus.

Sincerely
Mr Burns.

Christianity --Youth Issues

L E Burns Apostle of Jesus