Chronic Disease Support/Management/Lupus and pregnancy

I was diagnosed with Membrane Lupus Nephritis in summer 2014 , started taking western medication but stopped it in Oct few months after, currently I am on Ayurvedic and Homeopathic treatments since last October, I am doing holistic and natural treatments, healthy diet is a big element in my recovery as well. I am still recovering and I am doing better much better, I am off medication , I still have inflammation in my digestion and kidneys. Blood tests are showing improvements but my kidneys are still leaking protein.

I just discovered that I am two weeks pregnant which I did not plan for and was waiting to get better for it to happen, I would appreciate if you have any recommendations or opinion about my case.

In full gratitude!

Dear Muna,

Please remember I am not a healthcare professional so I cannot give medical advice.

Have you looked at potential allergies? I do not know much about Membrane Lupus Nephritis, but since lupus is an autoimmune condition I am wondering about potential triggers of autoimmune attacks and allergens can be a part of that. Also, since you still have inflammation I keep wondering if allergies are an issue. Therefore I would recommend:

* Why Do I Still Have Thyroid Symptoms? when My Lab Tests Are Normal: a Revolutionary Breakthrough in Understanding Hashimoto's Disease and Hypothyroidism Paperback by Dr. Datis Kharrazian  - even though it does not sound relevant it is because he looks at autoimmune issues, dealing with autoimmune triggers, and natural treatments - he also looks at autoimmune issues and pregnancy( ).
* Allergies Disease in Disguise by Carolee Bateson-Koch ( - looks more in depth about allergens and issues that masquerade or contribute to allergies

Are you seeing Ayurvedic, homeopathic, naturalistic, etc. doctor? Especially since you are pregnant it will be crucial to get the best possible care but it is also important to work with a professional whose treatment you can agree to. Another option might be seeing a doctor of oriental medicine/ an acupuncture physician. Acupuncture has a lot of research and more insurance companies are paying for it. However, I do not know if lupus is a condition with strong evidence but it still might be worth checking it out.

Best wishes!!

PS - I am not financially connected to Amazon it is just an easy way to show people books. Plus I love to shop there.

Chronic Disease Support/Management

Dealing with and managing food intolerances, Celiac's, allergies, digestive problems, IBs, pain, headaches, TMJ, fibromyalgia, thyroid problems, blood sugar problems, hypoglycemia, auto-immune disease.

Living with chronic health problems.

I do not have a degree in a health field. I have read a lot and I have first hand experience with some conditions.