Chrysler/2005 Chrysler 300 problem

Question
We have a 2.7 Litre engine "V 6" and are getting conflicting results on engine head bolts (torque) specifications. The book isn't giving the exact measurement. It states... {Torque to 55 ft. lbs--then turn bolt another 90 degrees or approximately 1/4 turn} THIS IS NOT A PROFESSIONAL MEASUREMENT. So, my question is this; Is there a mechanic out there who KNOWS what the final torque SHOULD be in ft. lbs. on this engine? I would sure appreciate your help in this matter as you proved to be awesome genius's in helping me with my Plymouth Sundance.

Answer
That is correct info  the bolts are called torque to yield bolts  Which means they will need to be turned the 1/4 turn. Advise not using the torque wrench for this step uses a breaker bar and a socket for it. Most Chrysler heads are setup this way because of the MLS head gaskets and type of heads used.

Chrysler

Kevin K