Chrysler/2005 Chrysler 300 problem

We have a 2.7 Litre engine "V 6" and are getting conflicting results on engine head bolts (torque) specifications. The book isn't giving the exact measurement. It states... {Torque to 55 ft. lbs--then turn bolt another 90 degrees or approximately 1/4 turn} THIS IS NOT A PROFESSIONAL MEASUREMENT. So, my question is this; Is there a mechanic out there who KNOWS what the final torque SHOULD be in ft. lbs. on this engine? I would sure appreciate your help in this matter as you proved to be awesome genius's in helping me with my Plymouth Sundance.

That is correct info  the bolts are called torque to yield bolts  Which means they will need to be turned the 1/4 turn. Advise not using the torque wrench for this step uses a breaker bar and a socket for it. Most Chrysler heads are setup this way because of the MLS head gaskets and type of heads used.

Kevin K

Free Dealer trained advice. Dealer trained 15 years Now owner of KEVIN'S MOBILE REPAIR in Atlanta GA I have a mobile Chrysler,Dodge and Jeep repair service in ATLANTA area Email me with Work requests Web page WWW.KEVINSMOBILEREPAIR.COM Master AC Master Drive ability Master Electrical Master Brakes Chrysler,Dodge,Jeep Tech for 14 Plus years Questions 96 and up only. Please don't ask about a noise,a fluid leak or how much something is to fix thanks.

15 years working at a Chrysler Dodge and Jeep dealer 20 Years over all experience ACE cert Master AC Master Driveability Master Electrical

Kevin's mobile Repair

Already an expert on here for 3 other Forums Chrysler dodge and jeep

15 years working at a Chrysler Dodge and Jeep dealer 2 year associates degree for Chrysler CAP