Chrysler/2002 LXI couple 3.0:AC condensate drain hole?

Drivers floor is wet with no leaks at windows/sun roof. I am guessing this is an ac drain issue. Have been looking for the drain for some time and have yet to locate it. Where is this drain and how/can I prevent my drivers side floor from being wet?

Hi Mike,
My manual doesn't show the drain, but in general there is a condensate collection pan which is ported through the fire wall directly under the HVAC box and it appears as a hole in the firewall/floor pan with a rubber hose attached to it. So I would look under the car at the area under the HVAC unit to find such a rubber hose. Then try cleaning out the lumen of that hole with a rod or stiff small diameter spring. Also, check to be sure that you are not loosing coolant by smelling the moisture on the floor/rug. That would be a leak in the coolant system inside the HVAC box or at the hose fittings for the coolant lines.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.

Roland Finston

Repair questions, but I would prefer that you use the category "Auto Repair" rather than this "Cars" category. Free, fast repair information (20-minute average answer time) for your 1982-2010 Chrysler/Dodge car, minivan, SUV.

Repair advice to help you diagnose, minimize repair costs, or do-it-yourself.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 factory shop manuals/dozen multi-model CD's.

Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. As regards Dodge trucks and Jeeps I only have manuals for the '04-'07 model years so am limited as to specifics about those vehicles outside that time frame.

There are answers on file to more than thirty-five thousand Chrysler questions at your finger tips: put a few key words in the "find" box (above) or click on "view past answers" for a chronological list of my q and a's. If you find a past answer that is helpful but not fully so, DON'T USE the "Add to This Answer"; if you still have a question ask it directly to me.

I take questions seven days a week between 8AM and 9PM Central Time. During those hours "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question so try again later.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).