Chrysler/'07 Sebring:cabin blower is intermittent

i have an 07 chrysler sebring and sometimes the air will stop flowing out of the vents. it doesnt do it all the time it seems to be random. however sometimes if i slam my passenger door it will kick back on. i need to know if its the wiring or the fan blower or what.

Hi Shelby,
The next time is stops flowing, check under the dash where the air distribution housing is located. At the right end of it, on the underside is where the blower housing is located, If fact check that now when it is running to find that housing. Then when it stops blowing see whether tapping on it directly gets to start again. I assume that when it stops it stops not matter what speed the fan is set for, correct?
If tapping on the fan housing makes it start then you would want to check the plug for the fan and the adjacent plug which is for the blower motor resistor block which provides the different fan speeds. If that doesn't affect the fan to tap on the housing, then it could be the control switch in the control unit, or it could be a fuse that powers the fan. That fuse is behind the left end cap of the dash and it is 20 amp size. It could have a crack in the internal wire that causes it to open and close its connection spontaneously so look carefully at its internal wire to see if it might have a crack in it.

Roland Finston

Repair questions, but I would prefer that you use the category "Auto Repair" rather than this "Cars" category. Free, fast repair information (20-minute average answer time) for your 1982-2010 Chrysler/Dodge car, minivan, SUV.

Repair advice to help you diagnose, minimize repair costs, or do-it-yourself.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 factory shop manuals/dozen multi-model CD's.

Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. As regards Dodge trucks and Jeeps I only have manuals for the '04-'07 model years so am limited as to specifics about those vehicles outside that time frame.

There are answers on file to more than thirty-five thousand Chrysler questions at your finger tips: put a few key words in the "find" box (above) or click on "view past answers" for a chronological list of my q and a's. If you find a past answer that is helpful but not fully so, DON'T USE the "Add to This Answer"; if you still have a question ask it directly to me.

I take questions seven days a week between 8AM and 9PM Central Time. During those hours "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question so try again later.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).