Chrysler Repair/'99 Voyager doesn't want start: alarm light on

Question
Hi, I have an Chrysler Voyager from 1999. My problem is that the car don't want to start and show me the ALARM SET display an intermittent light and sound. I don't know what tot do. Please help me!

Answer
Hi Dan,
It appears that the theft system believes you are trying to steal your own minivan! which is not unusual. Probably the disarm procedure didn't work when you entered while it was previously armed. There are several things to try:
Try the key in either front door...lock then unlock. See if either clears the problem.
Then if that doesn't work, then go under the hood and open the power distribution box (next to the battery) where the fuses are and remove fuse #28 which is in the very rear of the box and leave it out for about a half hour. Then replace it and see if that clears the no start.
Once you have it going again, the only way to absolutely not have this happen again is to never use the power door locks as you are leaving the van, nor the door key, nor the remote key fob. Rather simply secure each door by hand using the mechanical push-button.
That way the alarm system will not be armed.
You can probably diagnose why this happens at your 'leisure'. Often it is that the wire between the door key lock and the body computer which operates the anti-theft system is 'open' (e.g. disconnected/broken).
Unfortunately you can't just disable the system, it is built-in to the body computer. Once it has been alarmed its reaction is to kill the engine (will start and die after a couple of tries or so, then won't start at all).
But try the door key on either side, then try the fuse removal and wait gambit.
Roland
PS I am competing to be 'expert of the month' for November. To be successful I need a vote from every questioner. Use the 'thank/rate' tab below to do that if you would be so kind. Where you see "nomination?" simply change the 'no' to a 'yes' and submit.
Thanks for you help. You can also mention any other question at the same place, and I will respond.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston