Chrysler Repair/Starting issues, anti-theft?

bushjohnny1 wrote at 2012-12-25 15:31:11
First of all I thank everyone who share there problems on this forum.  I have a 2001 T/C that I purchased in May of 2012.  Having same problems with anti theft system on my van. I've tried all the things that was posted and than some even took to dealer to have scanned they found no codes. This is what has worked for me when system will not start and red light comes on,if you have power seats, move seat forward all the way and than pull adjustable steering wheel all the way down than put key in and see if light go out. If it do start car and continue to drive untill you get home. So far this has worked for me. Another solution is to set the alarm with the automatic door locks and let the alarm go off and than put the key in the ignition it should turn off the alarm and start the car.Good luck I hope this will give you another option.

Roland wrote at 2012-12-27 04:14:18
The second idea may possibly work because you have a SKIM system (key head has colored bulge) and so inserting a proper key in the ignition may be resolving the problem.  

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).