Chrysler Repair/fix power seat on chrysler 300 (2005 yr)

greg wrote at 2015-03-02 18:02:06
We are having the same problem going forward and back on the drivers seat.  I looked under the seat and found motor, and it was working on the left track for the drivers seat but the right side was not moving.  It was tilting when going forward towards the center console.  I found a 2" piece of flexable cable that looks like it broke off the ride side of the motor that moves the right track.  Not sure if I need to replace the whole motor or put a new flexible cable in it that moves the track.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).