Chrysler Repair/98 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport 3.3L Misfire underload

Happylada wrote at 2014-08-05 00:00:19
" You can remove the valve body from the trans from underneath (removing the pan and thus draining the transfluid) which would be the place to start on that one as well. Possibly it is just dirty, or needs replacement. "    On a dodge you get access to the solenoid pak from the top, NOT the bottom. No need to remove the pan. Just be VERY careful you blow out the dirt between the solenoid and the casing of the trans.   Remove the aircleaner plenum and the two rubber hoses, pull out the air cleaner and the case under the battery, and VIOLA - you can see the solenoid pak. Pulling the front crossmember out takes a few minutes but gives a much better working area.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).