Chrysler Repair/'08 Sebring: falters/stalls at idle

Charlie C wrote at 2012-12-28 20:13:42
I also have the same car with the same problem. No code shows up when put on a computer. I've had the idler plate cleaned the first time and it seemed to help for months then started stahling once in awhile, 3 times in one day once. I had the idler plate cleaned again but after reading about the EGR valve, I just had it replaced for $235 and the car is running great now! Roland helped me once before with an older Chrysler with a on board computer problem and was right on with the answer as he was with this problem.

Charlie C wrote at 2014-03-24 20:45:50
I have the same problem with my 2008 Chrysler Sebring touring and it started about a year or so ago. I replaced the erg valve, had the car tuned up, had the idle plate cleaned with every oil change and it still happens when I stop at a light the car just stahls but noticed it mostly does it when it's raining out. I only happens once in a while and no code.

No code, no sense with taking it to a shop.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).