Chrysler Repair/2004 Chrysler Pacifica: side view mirror.

charger man wrote at 2013-07-19 16:32:02
Chrysler sells just the mirror or the hole assembly.If you want to fix it but without auto dim. Remove plastic trim around glass starting at bottom.Cut wire at top right corner that dims mirror.Protect side of car with rags or towel under mirror. Take razor blade at bottom of mirror and go in between outer glass and mirror. Take paper towel and sop up brown liquid when liquid is out run razor around glass and remove glass.Pour water on mirror and wipe with rag.Now take a rag with brake clean and clean mirror. Use other end of rag and polish mirror all done unless you want to put trim back on. Take about 1/2 hour to do. Now mirror is like new with heat but no dimming and it costs nothing

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).