Chrysler Repair/2008 town and country electronic key switch problem

Paul wrote at 2013-10-03 21:38:46
What you are experiencing is a common problem. My 2008 is doing the same thing right now. What I found in most cases it's either the RFID reader that's built into the car or the key itself. If you have to keys and one works and one doesn't obviously it's the key. If it's in the key RFID reader you can disconnect the battery for a minute or two and reconnect. Sometimes this will reset the reader. Other than that the dealer has to replace the internal part and the key itself.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).