Chrysler Repair/01 pt cruiser: windows/air bag/HVAC all stopped

My air bag light came on at same time windows and heater stopped working any ideas what could cause this

Hi Robert,
Fuse #3 (40 amp) in the rear of the power distribution box in the engine compartment is likely blown. It may have a subtle crack in its internal wire is another possibility. So check that out. If the fuse is not at fault, then the issue is likely inside the ignition switch. If the fuse is blown, then try a new fuse and if it blown then you will need to use a volt-ohm meter to find out which of the circuits that you mentioned has a short in it which is causing that fuse to blow.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).
PS: If you find that fuse to be blown, then check fuses 5,6,7 and circuit breake #2 in the fuse box under the dash as if one of those were also blown/open that would give you a clue as to which of the several circuits is the problem. Let me know.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).