Chrysler Repair/0888 error code on transmission: PT Cruiser

Question
hello i have a 2001 pt cruiser check engine light pot up and lately my transmission is not shifting as its a automatic so i used a diagnostic meter and the error code were p0700 and p0888 i think the p0700 mean a  error to the tcm and p0888 maybe a electric 12v not going to the trans or a broken connection if u can please help because sometime it will go into gear at a slow speed

Answer
Hi Gilbert,
The code means there is no 12v output from the transmission control relay. I would start by looking closely at the #15 fuse in the power distribution box in the engine compartment to see if it is either blown or has a subtle crack in ite internal wire, then do the same for fuse #12 in the fuse box under the dash at the left side. If both those are good then try a new transmission relay which is located on the front side of the power distribution box, directly behind the latch. If that doesn't fix it then there is a wiring problem with the relay circuit which will require a volt-ohm meter or continuity tester so let me know if that is what you conclude after doing the above checks.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston