Chrysler Repair/1990 Chrysler Fifth avenue

Entire digital dash will not work. What could this be and would I be able to fix it myself? Note: I am a female with very little car knowledge. Although I did change a serpentine belt myself. Thank you for any info you can give me!!!

Hi Wendi,
You should be able to have a go at this.
First do a self-test: Simultaneously press the trip and trip reset buttons on the cluster, then start the engine, then release the buttons. If there is still no display on the electronic cluster the cluster has to be removed and the voltage supply and ground wire connections need to be verified at the plug on the back side of the cluster. That is best done with a volt-ohm meter which a simple meter would do (available at electronics supply for under $20). If those tests show there to be power and ground connection to the cluster then repair/replacement from a wrecking yard would be the choices. There is a company in Canada that does service these clusters.
So do the self-test, then let me know either way what the cluster shows. The only fuse involved is #8 in the box under the dash, but most likely if that wers blown there would be other issues beyond the cluster being dark if that were the case.
PS Please 'rate' my answer (see below).

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).