Chrysler Repair/1998 Concorde 3.2L stalls

Hello car stalls at times while driving or at idle. Sometimes when it dies if I tap on the gas pedal a few times it starts up again and runs fine. When it stalls I coast to the side of the road and wait a few min then it starts up again. Only does it when it get s to operating temp.

Hi Robert,
Try the ignition key for a fault code readout:"on-off-on-off-on and leave on", doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window to see if any 4-digit numbers preceded by a P appear. Let me know. Also it could be the exhaust gas recirculation valve is gummed up and isn't closing to a dead stop when you take your foot off the gas, which then causes the engine to falter or die because of a too lean mixture. So let me know of any fault code numbers and if none then checkout the funcition of that valve.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).