Chrysler Repair/1999 Cirrus: no ignition pulse

Question
My friend is working on a friends 1999 Cirrus 2.5 liter. No spark,no ignition pulse. The fuel pump is working. He checked the cam sensor and said it was good and changed the crank sensor. I was told that there was a auto shutdown relay that I cant find. I think the problem is the PCM. What do you think? Thank you Dean Voss---

Answer
Hi Dean,
The fuel pump coming on for about a second when you first turn the key to run is what would be expected. However, once you start cranking it over if it doesn't come on again then that would be consisten with a lack of cam or crank sensor signal(s) reaching the pcm as those signals are what close the ASD and spark coils and fuel injectors. Check fuses 5 and 10 in the power box and look also for a possible subtle crack in an internal wire or either. The ASD is in the very rear of the power distribution box a downstep from the front section. It is the front inboard relay in that rear section.
If you could get a fault code reader that may be very helpful as well.
If you believe the ASD is not closing you can by-pass by jumping a wire from the outboard pin socket to the inboard pin socket which is what the relay does. Then you can try to start it.
But don't leave it this way as the battery will run down and of course it is a safety feature in case of an accident and fuel is spilled.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).
Thank you,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston