Chrysler Repair/2000 lhs: HVAC air distribuition won't change

The air only flow through the air vents. It will not change.can you g5show me how to change it?

Hi Steve,
The air distribution choices are accomplished by a door inside the HVAC unit called the 'mode door'. That door has an electro-mechanical actuator that moves the door to the several different positions. It is possible either that the door is stuck or the actuator has failed.
You can verify this by taking advantage of the self-diagnostic capability of the unit. I can copy pages from a CD of the manual that i have and attach those to an email I would send to you directly. I need to know your email address to do that. So tell it to me in a 'follow-up' question but don't use the @ symbol, instead use "at", otherwise the entire address will be automatically erased.
Once you verify the problem via the self-diagnostic I can then copy and email you the pages about how to access the actuators on the unit for repair/replacement.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).