Chrysler Repair/2000 lhs: HVAC air distribuition won't change

Question
The air only flow through the air vents. It will not change.can you g5show me how to change it?

Answer
Hi Steve,
The air distribution choices are accomplished by a door inside the HVAC unit called the 'mode door'. That door has an electro-mechanical actuator that moves the door to the several different positions. It is possible either that the door is stuck or the actuator has failed.
You can verify this by taking advantage of the self-diagnostic capability of the unit. I can copy pages from a CD of the manual that i have and attach those to an email I would send to you directly. I need to know your email address to do that. So tell it to me in a 'follow-up' question but don't use the @ symbol, instead use "at", otherwise the entire address will be automatically erased.
Once you verify the problem via the self-diagnostic I can then copy and email you the pages about how to access the actuators on the unit for repair/replacement.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston