Chrysler Repair/ABS pump runs on

I have a 97 chrysler concorde. The other night when I came home and shut the car off I could hear a motor running. After pulling each fuse one at a time, it turned out to be the fuse for the ABS motor.  Any help.

Hi Tom,
This ststem has a diagnostic connector and self-diagnostic capability but requires a code reader to avail yourself of that.
Did you try replacing the fuse to see if the pump is still running?
I understand that the level of the brake pedal is detected by a switch and it is possible that either the brake pedal is riding lower than it should or the switch that senses its position is out of adjustment, or it may be a problem in the overall circuit which powers the pump motor.
Try lifting up the pedal with the tip of your shoe to see if that causes it to stop running. Otherwise it will require a volt-ohm meter and a circuit diagram to check out for various possible wiring abnormalities that is activating the pump improperly.
Sorry for the delay in responding to your question, but I just found it in the pool to which Kevin had referred it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).