Chrysler Repair/Ambient temp sensor:'00 Cirrus

Where is the ambient temperature sensor on a 2000 Chrysler cirrus located?

Hi Eva,
Unfortunately the '99 manual (the nearest one that I have to the '00) doesn't show the location of that sensor. However, when you do find it, it will have two wires: black/light blue and violet/light green. I would believe that it is either mounted on front bumper reinforcement beam, back side and at the midline of the body (viewed best from under the vehicle), or it might be mounted on the grille propoer, again at the midline but only visible from the back side of the grille if it is there. Unfortunately Chrysler didn't give a drawing of where to find it but my suggestion is based upon other vehicles of the time period.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below). You might do well to go to a dealer and ask at the parts department to look up that part and there should be an associated drawing which locates it.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).