Chrysler Repair/blower resistor for '99 breeze

Question
I stumbled across your 2006 post regarding the blower restor on the 99 Breeze/. Did you ever come up with a solution to this problem? I've replaced mine 4 times and the motor the last time. It lasted a weeek. I think the problem is poor design. I bought my breeze at only 5 yrs old at the time w/47000 miles and it didn't work then. It's irritating, although it's easy to change I refuse to buy another. But it would be nice to control the heat better.
Thanks in advance,
Robert

Answer
Hi Robert,
I would have suggested either lubricating or replacing the motor, and the latter is what you have done already. About the only other suggestion I can pass along is to look carefully at the block when you install it to make sure that none of the resistors are touching each other as that can lead to a short circuiting/over draw of current...and the manual says to be sure they are not touching. Of course the block should be in the air stream, inside of the HVAC box so as to cool off the resistors that are in use at the time
It is a simple circuit with the resistor block providing a voltage divider network so unless the motor is off spec and drawing too much current I can't imagine why else the block would go out. I haven't heard of a situation so intractable as yours.
Is it possible that the voltage regulation of the alternator is running the electrical system on the 'high' side? That too could increase the current and the heating of the block.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston