Chrysler Repair/chrysler concorde trans.

Question
HELLO: I AM USING THE ENGINE AND TRANSAXLE FROM A DONOR '94 CHRYSLER CONCORDE IN A KIT CAR. I'M WONDERING IF THE TRANS CAN BE CONVERTED TO A "MANUAL" SHIFT SOMEHOW. MY INTENTION IS TO CREATE A PADDLE SHIFT SYSTEM FOR MY PROJECT CAR. THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP.

Answer
Hi Robert,
That transmission was an automatic and there was not a manual trans offered in the LH body vehicles/engines as far as I know. The shift lever and vertical shift rod were set up with a L,D, and OD choice which after a fashion can be manually controlled via the shift lever by starting in L, then shift it to D and finally to OD. That would take you through all 4 ratios but it wouldn't be like a true manual set up.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston