Chrysler Repair/Fuel Pump Relay: '02 Sebring 3.0L

Can you please give the correct location of the fuel pump relay for the 2002 Chrysler sebring Coupe 3.0 liter.

The owner's manual and the fuse blocks in the passenger and engine compartments do not show the relays.

Engine started idling and running erratic. Engine now cranks but will not START. Fuel pump does not engage with ignition on.

Hi Ed,
The fuel pump relay is the in-board-most of the three relays on the firewall in front of the driver. Does the fuel pump run for about 1 second when you turn the key to 'run' position. It should do that, and then when you try the starter it should hum again though it may be hard to hear it over the cranking sounds. If you want to by-pass the relay and turn on the pump for sure, jump a wire from the red/brown to the black/blue wires at that socket, but it isn't safe to operate the vehicle that way in case you have an accident. But that will surely make it run if the pump and the power supply is OK.
The fuel pump will not run beyond the brief 1 second UNLESS the rotational position sensors on the engine are also working. So if the pump does run for a second and that is all, then there is an issue unrelated to the fuel pump. And that is best discovered by a fault code readout, or I can tell you how to check out those rotational sensors if you have a volt meter.
Some vehicles do give an on-board code readout using the ignition key:"on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then see if the odometer reading disappears and in place of the mileage any 4-digit number preceded by a P appear? It may not be available on your '02 Sebring, however so you would need to borrow a code reader to plug into the socket under the dash by the steering column to get the fault codes.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).