Chrysler Repair/IAC motor: 2.7L '04 Sebring

Question
Roland,

I'm getting P0505 readouts on my OBDII - the Idle Control System.

I bought the following (the  first one has yet to arrive in the mail, the 2nd I picked up in the store)

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_idle-air-cont

and

However, I don't see where the 2nd one goes.  The first one, from the pictures on the website, appears to be what's attached to the throttle body.  

I'm thinking the second one, is the wrong part?  Do you have any idea what the second one is and can you confirm which one I probably need to replace?

I need a small Torx screw bit, I think to remove it.

Answer
Hi Michael,
There are two different idle air control motors for the car and so you probably got one of each. They function differently depending upon whether you have the 2.0/2.4 or the 2.7L engine, but they look very identical. Another way of saying they are different is that one of them is for the situation where the vehicle has a seperate powertrain controller with two plugs and a transmission controller (with two plugs) while the other situation is where you have a combined powertrain/transmission controller in a single package (and which has 4 plugs side by side). I believe the former is for the 2.7L and the latter for the 2.0L/2.4L but check that out at the parts store.
Other than there being a problem with the harness/wires that plug into the idle air motor, the only other cause of a 0505 would be a bad idle motor or a bad PCM. So check the wire harness from the plug back to the where it disappears into a larger harness for any signs of heat damage and finding none I would believe that if you install the correct idle motor it should solve the problem. I believe also that the 2.0/2.4 motor will have new o-ring(s) near the tip, whereas that point is not made for the 2.7L idle motor installation process.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston